Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Notting Hill Carnival

Crimble crumble.
Yeahhh. Pretty sure I'm going on the Sunday, people being disorganised notwithstanding. Not feeling completely optimistic about the weather but it should be ok as long as it doesn't rain. Anyone else? I looked for a thread but couldn't find one.

Definitely at Aba S on Monday - if anyone fancies meeting up PM me for a photofit description :D
Caught Lord Ambassador the last two years running, but cant make Sunday this year - top sound. Mikey Dread from Ch1s cousin or some kind of relative-connection i think
Anyone got afterparty plans for Monday?

Monday prob for me too and Aba Shanti-i. LAst year went on the Sunday as was in work on the Tuesday but I'm on leave now until Sept 3rd :cool:

It'll be my first time at Carnival not smoking weed :hmm:

Definitely at Aba S on Monday - if anyone fancies meeting up PM me for a photofit description :D
Caught Lord Ambassador the last two years running, but cant make Sunday this year - top sound. Mikey Dread from Ch1s cousin or some kind of relative-connection i think
Anyone got afterparty plans for Monday?
If we decide to go Monday I'll ping you a pm ska - be lovely to meet you for a chant down :)

That's where I live :p

(and well done for correctly identifying it as the 'top' end.)
jealous...i know its changed a lot around that way, but particularly that top end of Portobello still has a lot of vibes about it...not that many bits of london id really like to move to, but if i fell into a pit of money a house there would be right at the top of the list.

Reckon we'll do Solution/Jah Observer, Lord Ambassador, Channel One & Gladdy Wax on Sunday, Aba Shanti I on Sunday.

Anyone know if the steel bands still have their final rehearsals in Hyde Park on the Sat afternoon?

I want to go on Sunday. never been before. Having just moved from Rio de Janeiro this will be interesting.
where do I go? what's the strategy? what time is good?

I want to go on Sunday. never been before. Having just moved from Rio de Janeiro this will be interesting.
where do I go? what's the strategy? what time is good?

Sunday is quieter than Monday, so you can just about move around a bit. Mondays its so packed you can struggle to get from one end to the other.

Have a look at the map (last years, but will be about the same) of sound systems:

Carnival-Route.jpg

Details of music style etc here: http://www.thenottinghillcarnival.com/

Check which tube you want to go to before you leave, some are shut/restricted. Many areas run a free bus service to there and back.

Everything shuts down at 7pm.

If you want reggae then there are a few good ones all together - Solution/Jah Observer, Channel One, Lord Ambassador, Gaz's Rocken Blues mixes ska, reggae, all sorts. Aba Shant I at the north end is hard dub, but he plays some older stuff on the Sunday so a bit more varied.

Big names like Norman Jay's Good Times, Sancho Panza etc get very busy, but well worth a look if that's your music.

Get your self to pineapple tribe if you like a bit of breaks and old skool

On the Corner of lonsdale and Leadbury Road

Sounds system 35.

video from last year!

Back
Top Bottom