Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigeria vs Argentina (Group D) - 19:00 - 26/06/2018

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
I hope/assume that everyone is rooting for Nigeria in this one?
Nigeria will qualify with a win over Argentina. A point would be enough if Iceland do not beat Croatia.

If Argentina and Nigeria draw, Iceland will make the last 16 if they beat Croatia by a two-goal margin and also score at least one more than Nigeria.

Argentina will qualify with victory over Nigeria coupled with Iceland failing to defeat Croatia. If Iceland do beat Croatia, then Jorge Sampaoli's side can still qualify if they beat Nigeria by two more goals than Iceland win their game. If Argentina and Iceland win and finish with identical records their fate will be decided by their disciplinary records and then the drawing of lots. Argentina have picked up three yellow cards and Iceland have none

Would like to see Nigeria win but have a funny felling the argies will sneak through. They can consider themselves very lucky that after playing so shit their destiny is still essentially in their own hands.

I'd like to see Nigeria, Iceland and Croatia get through, but that isn't an option, I suppose. So I'd like Nigeria and Croatia to get through while Iceland still gets something to make them go home happy* or Croatia and Iceland while Nigeria still go home happy*.

*By which I do not mean a post match visit to a Russian brothel.

definitely the match of the day - be great if nigeria win - they see argentina as their bogey team. They'll be an earthquake in Lagos to rival the one in mexico when they beat the germans.

Winner will face france in the next round.

Wholesale changes in team and formation and Aguero on the bench. :hmm:

Bringing in a g/k on debut in a must win. :hmm:

Last edited:
Obviously want Nigeria to win but they are pretty rotten and you'd think Argentina will probably win this

Obviously want Nigeria to win but they are pretty rotten and you'd think Argentina will probably win this

Yeah, should be pretty straight forward for the argies. Still, the team selection does reek of panic.

I'm quietly hopeful that Iceland will sneak it against a weakened Croatia to really bring the fun to the boil.

Back
Top Bottom