Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigeria vs Iceland (Group D) - 16:00 - 22/06/2018

Well yeah, that seems the way things are going - one tiddly little touch (nowhere affecting the play) and it's VAR lalala

Well yeah, that seems the way things are going - one tiddly little touch (nowhere affecting the play) and it's VAR lalala

IMHO that (to clarify a point) is what VAR should be used for; where I have a problem with it is where its reviewed for one reason which turns out to be ok but then a goal gets turned down because of something that only the review reveals - like the disallowed Iran equalizer the other night.

IMHO that (to clarify a point) is what VAR should be used for; where I have a problem with it is where its reviewed for one reason which turns out to be ok but then a goal gets turned down because of something that only the review reveals - like the disallowed Iran equalizer the other night.
I don't have a problem with that tbf. In cricket, a review for an lbw might get turned into a wicket for an edge behind that was missed. Important thing is that the decision should be right imo. And I was gutted for Iran.

Compare the spirit of this game compared to all the ridiculous injury faking from the Brazil game.
Yep, refreshing. Good stuff from both teams. Can't see Iceland getting anything from Croatia. That means Nigeria probably only need a draw with Argentina to go through. I hope that doesn't make them negative, cos the best way for them to play against Argentina has to be to attack them from the get-go.

Back
Top Bottom