Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Argentina vs Croatia (Group D) - 19:00 - 21/06/2018

633f3404ec7f410396889a378bdf10a3.gif

i am going to spread the fuck out of the knockout games with the volatility of the likes of Croatia and Iceland pretty much through

/i only gamble on WC/ Euros BTW

That Modric goal was whizzer. Liquid football.
Right now for me it's either him or Ronaldo to win the Golden Ball for player of the tournament. Ronaldo is fav for that obvs but odds only about 4/1 - but Modric is still available on Skybet at 33/1. Of course there's a long way to go and to win it players have to be in teams that get to the semis at least, but that looks like great value to me.

Right now for me it's either him or Ronaldo to win the Golden Ball for player of the tournament. Ronaldo is fav for that obvs but odds only about 4/1 - but Modric is still available on Skybet at 33/1. Of course there's a long way to go and to win it players have to be in teams that get to the semis at least, but that looks like great value to me.
Wouldn't you just know it they just chopped it to 26/1 - but that's still better than you'll get elsewhere

Dunno about Modric tbh ,I backed Jesus in the Brazil team but Costa ( Spain) looks a better bet to me .

From the Argentina manager:

First and foremost I beg for the fans' forgiveness. The reality of the Argentina squad clouds Lionel Messi's brilliance. The team doesn't gel as well as it should.

"I have always looked for the best position on the pitch for my players. The players have a special responsibility as well, but we didn't manage to find relationships that Argentina or Lionel Messi benefited from.

"Croatia were an excellent team, but after we conceded we lost our way and we were emotionally broken. We couldn't change the course of events.

"I am very hurt by the defeat but I probably didn't understand the match as I should have.

I just watched the 'highlights' again :facepalm:

Is it worth watching?

I missed most of the game because I was pissed and watching the reaction of all the Argentinians in the bar was far more fun. Top tip for any London based urbs, that Portuguese bar in Exmouth Market is a great place to go during the world cup, especially on a sunny evening.

Is it worth watching?

I missed most of the game because I was pissed and watching the reaction of all the Argentinians in the bar was far more fun. Top tip for any London based urbs, that Portuguese bar in Exmouth Market is a great place to go during the world cup, especially on a sunny evening.
It is worth a watch just to goggle at the Argentine side :D

Also the goal by Modric was great
In fact the first goal (Argentine fuck up but still) was pretty decent too

Not sure how much of the aggro will be in the 'highlights' but it was niggly at best

Proper shit performance and attitude from Messi, body language was defeatist, sulked throughout and made no effort to lead the team.

He should shoulder some of the abuse coming Argentina's way, but the rest of the team will be blamed for not being good enough for him, I bet the atmosphere in that dressing room is awful.

They're not out yet though, still fancy them to sneak through unless Iceland win today and then do the classic carve up with Croatia ;)

nigeria were terrible against croatia - iceland have every chance of beating them.

Last edited:
They're not out yet though, still fancy them to sneak through unless Iceland win today and then do the classic carve up with Croatia ;)
It is possible.

Nigeria vs Iceland looks like a draw or a narrow Iceland win to me :hmm:
If Iceland do win by a goal and are on 4pts with a +1 GD then Argentina could steal it beating Nigeria by a few goals :(

Back
Top Bottom