Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Newport state of mind, and other news from The 'Port

“Tom Jones, Steve Jones, Zeta Jones, traffic cones – if you come and visit use the Designated Parking Zones”

Yep, a professional outfit, here's their web site. Nonetheless, great production values and excellent execution. Laughed out loud.

I love the way that woman's just sitting on a bench reading a magazine whilst the girl plays keyboards.

“Tom Jones, Steve Jones, Zeta Jones, traffic cones – if you come and visit use the Designated Parking Zones”

Yep, a professional outfit, here's their web site. Nonetheless, great production values and excellent execution. Laughed out loud.
The video cost £100 to produce and most of that budget was for the sports fleece he wears!

The video cost £100 to produce and most of that budget was for the sports fleece he wears!
The Love Commercial Production Company has produced a professional promo by itself promoting itself. It's a company clearly adept at viral marketing. Good luck to them.

yeah, if you type in newport to the search engine, it's only the fourth one down! rubbish :facepalm: :p

Whenever I do searches it comes up with stuff from last year and older.

Haven't tried it today mind.

Would have benefited from some local knowledge. The GLC should start a beef

Explain? Can't see what harm there is in it, like others have said, it seems pretty affectionate - I'd have thought it would have been *very* easy to make a video ripping the arse out of your "fine city" :D

Explain? Can't see what harm there is in it, like others have said, it seems pretty affectionate - I'd have thought it would have been *very* easy to make a video ripping the arse out of your "fine city" :D

affectionate? don't care. Newport isn't affectionate. When 'our own' do self deprecating it's fair enough and if it's done well like the GLC its all good.

But when people from out of town take the piss, it's taking the piss. When it's patronisingly copying a ten year old joke it just shows how limited their imagination is.

More than anything it's the total lack of local knowledge, it's just not very Newport.

1. it's the wrong accent, what the fuck is with his H's.
2. There is no Debenhams in Newport, they tried, there was a campaign against it. "Debenhams: Don't Destroy Dock street"
3. Craig Bellamy is from Cardiff.
4. Gavin Henson never goes out in Newport unless you count the Celtic Manor, (which I don't)
5. Plaid Cymru are less popular than the BNP in Newport. Sad but True.
6. Shirley Bassey is Cardiff
7. "small Welsh town" it's a fucking city.
8. It's NEWPORT Gwent Dragons. Basic.
9. Tom Jones, Steve Jones, Catherine Zeta Jones. Not Port.
10. 50 for the toll booth? where?
11. EVERYONE knows Josie is Port. Used to work in the Riv.
12. that village in North Wales with the long name: fuck off.
13. Our shopping centre is old and shit. This isn't one opening in December.

a bit of research wouldn't have done any harm. or perhaps they should have fucked off to the isle of wight and done it there.

If you want real Newport comedy hip hop, try this for size, if your not local you might not get all the jokes. good.

I'm not really that bothered. honest.

And yes some other outsiders could do a proper anti-newport video, wouldn't be hard. Best of luck with that if you ever want to visit.

Fuck me, I thought Wxm people were touchy about their town...

As a vid to wind up the English "Monmouth isn't in Wales" Democrats, it's a winner.

13. Our shopping centre is old and shit. This isn't one opening in December.

Kingsway was refurbished and re-openend in December (cant remember if it was last Dec or one before). :).

But yes, it still is shit. Never go in there apart from using the new wilko's as a shortcut from the leisure centre end to Commercial Street. :cool:.

Dic, for someone who believes in No Borders you ain't half touchy about the sanctity of Newport's cultural boundaries.

But when people from out of town take the piss, it's taking the piss. When it's patronisingly copying a ten year old joke it just shows how limited their imagination is.

Ah, but when I watched it I wasn't thinking so much of Newport, Wales. Rather it's a send-up of Jay-Z's audiojerk about his home city. There's a few clever bits in there that rip the piss out of the original lyrics eg "let's have more Newports, Newports, Newports" and "Fade to repeat Newport Newport Newport".

Back
Top Bottom