Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New York photos and general chat

editor

hiraethified
It's been a labour of considerable love, but I'm delighted to announce that the updated New York photo section is now online.

Featuring images from my trip there late last year, there over 270 new photos online, with the bar/club and café/restaurant guides being updated (it sucked having to change the Luna Lounge listing to read 'closed').

There's still one more 'street signs and graffiti' section to be completed, but I hope you'll enjoy the photos.

NYC photo tour
NYC photo thumbnails index
Text-only photo listing
NYC panoramas
NYC bar guide
NYC cafe guide

(as ever, if you spot any typos/cock ups, please PM me rather than posting them here)

I've also now added an 80+ photo gallery of NYC graffiti, shopfronts and signs.

Phew!

ny760.jpg

Excellent!

Didn't we also take a couple of smiley, happy photos of me and eme after the Petit Versailles party?

Did those disappear?

I was wearing my snazzy orange/plaid hat, if memory serves me.

D said:
I was wearing my snazzy orange/plaid hat, if memory serves me.
Indeed you were - and you looked very happy in that combo too!

I'll mail 'em to you if you like - it's just that I rarely add personal shots to my public galleries.

editor said:
Indeed you were - and you looked very happy in that combo too!

I'll mail 'em to you if you like - it's just that I rarely add personal shots to my public galleries.

Cool. That would be great.

They're beautiful pics, I have this terrible ache in my belly wanting to go back there now!

"This is a Bronx bound 6 train. Next stop 23rd Street . . . "

Ah memories.

another great round of NYC Photos, Editor!

I'll be in the great city for New Yera's Eve.....my 8th trip to the big apple :cool:

editor - you are a top man for the photo section, a big thumbs up etc.

Which one can be my new wallpaper...

- p.s. ed- what's your favourite bit of NYC?

LES is top but my heart will always belong to East Village :oops: (which is only 5 mins away anyway ... :))

I'm still sifting through the zillions of pictures taken on my recent US trip, but I've now posted up 15 panoramas from New York City, Brooklyn and upstate.

As ever, they're all around 250k in size, and you'll need Java installed on your machine to see 'em:

Washington Square, NYC
Grand Central Station, NYC
Beacon railroad station, New York state
Bedford Avenue/N6th St, Williamsburg
Orchard Street, Lower East Side, NYC
Canal St, Chinatown, NYC
Mercer Street, Lower Manhattan, NYC
Union Square West, Manhattan, NYC
East River from Williamsburg, Brooklyn
East Coast Memorial, Battery Park, NYC
Great Hall, Ellis Island
First Avenue subway station, NYC
Williamsburg Bridge from Brooklyn
SoHo street scene, NYC
View from Ellis Island

Hope you like them!

(if you find any typos/blunders etc, please PM me and I'll fix it)

nice pics - is this a recent trip - just seeing the fall colours in the trees, the north east US/Canada is glorious in Autumn....

Gavin Bl said:
nice pics - is this a recent trip - just seeing the fall colours in the trees, the north east US/Canada is glorious in Autumn....
They're all from November last year.

I wondered if it was a little early - they'll be good pretty soon though, it seems quite a long transition iirc.

I had to stop looking because I was getting too nostalgic. Just left a message on the wifes phonme "maybe we should think about NYC for a break in September" :D

I'm really enjoting these editor - thanks!
Have you thought about a little photo-book on alternative New York? I've no idea how you'd go about such a thing, and printing photos is expensive, I'm sure, not to mention choosing which ones to include, but they're just so cool.:)

Mr Retro said:
I had to stop looking because I was getting too nostalgic. Just left a message on the wifes phonme "maybe we should think about NYC for a break in September" :D

And she e-mailed me back "12th - 19th or 5th - 12th = £285 with continental to New York each"

:D

Sometimes persuasion is so gentle it's a simple voice mail

Some more photos for y'all:

rockefeller-center-02.jpg

We checked out the recently reopened observation deck at the Rockefeller Center and the views were fantastic (although it was really cold up at the top!)

rockefeller-center-17.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/photos/newyork/rockefeller-center.html

greenpoint-brooklyn-02.jpg

We also checked out Greenpoint, north Brooklyn, which is rapidly becoming the place to be for 'early adopting' hipsters and arty types fleeing the accelerating rents in nearby Williamsburg.

greenpoint-brooklyn-09.jpg

Here's a pic of the Eat Records cafe in Greenpoint which was a welcoming, no-nonsense kind of stop off on a freezing afternoon.

http://www.urban75.org/photos/newyork/greenpoint-brooklyn.html

Great photos.

You allude to Hopper in one of the comments. However your photos of people in action but alone, walking alone past a typically new york scene, alone looking in a new york shop window, have a stark hopper type feeling in a different, unique way. Those types are your best photos if you don't mind me saying so. You have a brilliant eye for them.

Back
Top Bottom