Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

My floor is broken (council)

newme

Giant in Pastyland now
We have two bits in the masterbedròoom with the floorboards broken. Is it council or oir problems? Council house in Cornwall......

Also huge trees over boundary 60ft tall. Could hit cars or house. Whose issue?

We have two bits in the masterbedròoom with the floorboards broken. Is it council or oir problems? Council house in Cornwall......

Also huge trees over boundary 60ft tall. Could hit cars or house. Whose issue?
The broken floor boards are council responsibility.

If the trees are on council land, they are council responsibility.

Floorboards are down to the council . The trees , depends where they are , but if they pose a danger to the highway or footpath , then the Council should get involved.

Floorboards are down to the council . The trees , depends where they are , but if they pose a danger to the highway or footpath , then the Council should get involved.

and would have thought that if they are posing a risk to a council owned property then they might take an interest from that angle?

or is that wishful thinking?

Re the floorboards my friend moved into a Housing Association property some years ago and there were numerous areas where floorboards were properly dodgy and there were even two areas in the front room where the carpet sagged down into the under-floor cavity.Long story but HA finally promised to effect repairs and i imagined a truck-load of new floorboards would soon be arriving at the property.How wrong i was.The workmen turned up with fret saws and cut out the rotted areas of floorboard.They then proceeded to fit in chunks of three-ply before putting back the carpet and that was job done.Perfectly safe but it would look bloody odd if friend ever decides to dispense with carpet and walk on bare boards:)

Back
Top Bottom