Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

My Booky Wook..

To whoever watched him on the Big Bro programme...that's really not what he's about. There's plenty of stuff on Youtube that gives a better idea of his schtick - the Young BNP guy, stand up etc.

He may not be to everyone's tastes but I like the fact he gets people so riled that the only retort they have is "yeah look at his hair" :D

the first two extracts were good.

todays extract wanted me to punch him. yay i can patronise the vulnerable and homeless.

:(

i think you've read the best bits to be honest Dub, wouldn't buy it at hardback prices!

brixtonvilla said:
The man personifies everything I hate about Noughties culture. Wouldn't wipe my arse with his book.

In fairness, even if you find him irritating- which I can understand- the fact remains that he is at least articulate, witty and plainly intelligent. Which is a good deal more than you can actually say for much of "Noughties culture" surely?

I read mondays extract about his sex addiction and I really want to read the book now, I think he's hilarious and loved his stand-up too.

I quite like his column in the Guardian on Saturday. I doubt I'll get the book - will probably nick it off Iemanja if she happens to get it for Christmas. ;)

editor said:
He annoys and amuses me in equal measure, but he seems to be a pretty good writer.

Read the first two so far, and this sums it up for me just about.

Hate him on TV though, he's an irritating twat, however clever a Trevor he might be. And his Guardian footy column on Sats (unsurprisingly) was as egotistical as fuck, 5 parts Brand to 1 part West Ham United. Neither very interesting ... :p

So I was quite surprised to be so impressed by these extracts ...
ETA : doubt I'd buy the whole book though, or even read it probably ... :confused:

Magneze said:
I quite like his column in the Guardian on Saturday. I doubt I'll get the book - will probably nick it off Iemanja if she happens to get it for Christmas. ;)

It's only £8.55 :D, so if someone else buys it for me I'll read it ;)

Bit disappointed he didn't write it himself, I have to say, but that won't stop me from reading it.

I love his non BB stand up, real quality.

Not a great fan of how he treats women though, although this is based on a very neurotic (at least) acquaintance's account of being seduced by him.

All I can say to women who would is whatever you do, make you you insist on using a condom as he's very casual about the whole safe sex thing. Which is quite worrying given how much he likes to enjoy himself with different women.

I had to deal with all the insane fallout resulting from him taking big risks with a very inexperienced girl who the morning after read in a newspaper that he was a sex addict, a former drug addict, etc., etc. Cue lots of terrified crying and screaming and long waits in the GU clinic, HIV tests etc. All negative but I would have hoped he would have been more careful and grown up about something so important.

Louloubelle said:

Not a great fan of how he treats women though, although this is based on a very neurotic (at least) acquaintance's account of being seduced by him.

All I can say to women who would is whatever you do, make you you insist on using a condom as he's very casual about the whole safe sex thing. Which is quite worrying given how much he likes to enjoy himself with different women.

I had to deal with all the insane fallout resulting from him taking big risks with a very inexperienced girl who the morning after read in a newspaper that he was a sex addict, a former drug addict, etc., etc. Cue lots of terrified crying and screaming and long waits in the GU clinic, HIV tests etc. All negative but I would have hoped he would have been more careful and grown up about something so important.
absolutely

same goes for your acquaintance

JTG said:
absolutely

same goes for your acquaintance

couldn't agree more

she was very naive and inexperienced though, he was the 1st man she'd had sex with except for her ex bf

I think he knew that and maybe that's why he was so irresponsible

I had to feel sorry for her though I think she hoped it might turn into something meaningful

Blimey!

ETA I bumped this thread because someone liked my post in it, so I read the thread, and this is so clearly relevant to the recent stories/complaints about him!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom