Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mighty Hoopla, Cross The Tracks, Wide Awake, Field Day & City Splash festivals, Brockwell Park - discussion

I must be getting old, I looked at the Splash website late last night and all I could think of was how good the food looked

I was just looking at the rules for the forthcoming festivals in the park:

You can't bring in any booze or any liquid (apart from one sealed 500ml bottle of water).
You can't bring in any food at all.
You can't bring in a bag bigger than A4 in size.
Trolleys and pushchairs/buggies are not allowed.
Dogs aren't allowed.
'Unauthorised professional photography or filming equipment' is banned
There's no re-entry.
You can expect a full search as you enter (with drug dogs no doubt in attendance)

:(

That is pretty funny. I was on holiday in Ireland during the internal leadership election and for some reason had Irish talk radio on and yes they were quite cruel in a funny way about him and the other guy

I was just looking at the rules for the forthcoming festivals in the park:

You can't bring in any booze or any liquid (apart from one sealed 500ml bottle of water).
You can't bring in any food at all.
You can't bring in a bag bigger than A4 in size.
Trolleys and pushchairs/buggies are not allowed.
Dogs aren't allowed.
'Unauthorised professional photography or filming equipment' is banned
There's no re-entry.
You can expect a full search as you enter (with drug dogs no doubt in attendance)

:(
I'm actually surprised you are allowed to bring in a bottle of water.

Reactions: CH1
City Splash headliners announced
Does anyone know if there are any resident discounts for this? A local friend would like a ticket as a birthday present but it's very dear.

I'm actually surprised you are allowed to bring in a bottle of water.
Not enough water supply from taps in the park. there were ridiculously long queues to fill the refillable plastic bottles that Lambeth were giving away in a green washing exercise at the Lambeth Country show a few years back = lots of thirsty people and yet more empty plastic bottles.

I think denying people access to tap water during a day long summer event is definitely unethical and ill advised (and possibly illegal?)

Not enough water supply from taps in the park. there were ridiculously long queues to fill the refillable plastic bottles that Lambeth were giving away in a green washing exercise at the Lambeth Country show a few years back = lots of thirsty people and yet more empty plastic bottles.

I think denying people access to tap water during a day long summer event is definitely unethical and ill advised (and possibly illegal?)
Its probably a Police/Ambulance stipulation to help prevent people from dehydrating and getting into difficulties after taking drugs like pills. If it was up to the organisers of the big paid for festivals, they would much more prefer everyone bought a bottle for £3.50.

That event is a later addition. The local ballots closed and we’re awarded before it was added to the series of festivals I think.

Does anyone know if there are any resident discounts for this? A local friend would like a ticket as a birthday present but it's very dear.

I found this on Wide Awake’s Twitter:

Our free tickets ballot for local residents is now live! There will be a maximum of 2 tickets per household and applicants will be selected at random.

The ballot will be open until midday on Tuesday 10 August.

Head here for more information: wideawakelondon.co.uk/local-resident…

I tried and failed to make a link. But if you’re on Twitter just go to Wide Awake.

Last edited:
I found this on Wide Awake’s Twitter:

Our free tickets ballot for local residents is now live! There will be a maximum of 2 tickets per household and applicants will be selected at random.

The ballot will be open until midday on Tuesday 10 August.

Head here for more information: wideawakelondon.co.uk/local-resident…

I tried and failed to make a link. But if you’re on Twitter just go to Wide Awake.
I think you missed your chance. That post is dated June 2021...

1653054027854.png

Don't forget there's three days of free 'festival' going on from the 30th May to the 1st June.

Word is you might witness someone playing a Bowie-themed set on the main stage to about four children on the Wednesday, from 4.45pm to 6pm...

Don't forget there's three days of free 'festival' going on from the 30th May to the 1st June.

Word is you might witness someone playing a Bowie-themed set on the main stage to about four children on the Wednesday, from 4.45pm to 6pm...
Do you have a Bowie themed name but with a twist?

Heads up: the wide awake festival this weekend must've sold fuck all tickets cause you can get a weekend ticket for a fiver from Dice FM atm - the discount code is WACOMP.

Line up is pretty good, I'd go if I was in London...

Heads up: the wide awake festival this weekend must've sold fuck all tickets cause you can get a weekend ticket for a fiver from Dice FM atm - the discount code is WACOMP.

Line up is pretty good, I'd go if I was in London...
dont work now boo

wide awake was fantastic last year.
been looking forward to this weekend since the day tickets went on sale.

and now the friend I'm going with has caught covid since yesterday. what a bugger :(

Possibly not the right place to post this, but the annual August bank holiday slot on Clapham Common may finally have been ended, as 'Electric City' posted this update yesterday:

"Due to planning issues, Lambeth Council can no longer guarantee the venue space on Clapham Common this year. This means we will be relocating Electric City."

There will be some champagne corks popping in the bars of Clapham Old Town over this news.

I wonder what's the story there? Is the council worried about more legal action?

Or is this to do with the election?

I assumed the affluent NIMBY's threw enough weight and/or money behind their campaign they finally got their wish, although perhaps its something to do with the new grass that was planted? Council spent a lot of money on it and doesn't want it getting churned up? But then surely they would have taken that into consideration when giving the festival the provisional go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom