Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mighty Hoopla, Cross The Tracks, Wide Awake & City Splash festivals, Brockwell Park - discussion

Cue the same people that opposed a proper football pitch being built in the park suddenly caring about the quality of the existing 20% sloping ones.
They are going to resubmit for permission I thought. Was a very NIMBY response to that from people that want the park to be a nature reserve.

The park is pretty fucked now. It needs a couple of years off from the organised events. They can come back once it’s recovered. You can’t expect it to bounce back every year.

Cue the same people that opposed a proper football pitch being built in the park suddenly caring about the quality of the existing 20% sloping ones.
Get real! St Mathew's Project is a charity that uses the park for weekend/ school holidays football activities for loads of local kids. Was it the awful astro turf pitch next to the Lido they objected to? Where as they would much rather play on grass area of the park no mater what ever 'exciting slope' is present.

The park is pretty fucked now. It needs a couple of years off from the organised events. They can come back once it’s recovered. You can’t expect it to bounce back every year.
but I've already bought my ticket for Wide Awake 24

Get real! St Mathew's Project is a charity that uses the park for weekend/ school holidays football activities for loads of local kids. Was it the awful astro turf pitch next to the Lido they objected to? Where as they would much rather play on grass area of the park no mater what ever 'exciting slope' is present.
Thanks but I do know who they are. I believe they supported the “awful astro turf pitch”.

They probably don't know what to do with themselves for the remaining 9 months of the year now the horrific music events have ended. Heaven forbid if that Christmas thing that was on Clapham Common was still going. No fun allowed here thanks 😆

They probably don't know what to do with themselves for the remaining 9 months of the year now the horrific music events have ended. Heaven forbid if that Christmas thing that was on Clapham Common was still going. No fun allowed here thanks 😆
It feels like a fake news story should be created. Gigantic wheel in the park or brockwell to host formula e race.

It feels like a fake news story should be created. Gigantic wheel in the park or brockwell to host formula e race.
Was thinking similar, maybe cause a bit of mischief on twitter by spreading rumours of a program of winter music festivals or a big new years eve rave in Brockwell Park 😄

Great piece here about how Friends of Clapham Common took on Lambeth

Read that a while back.

Did not post here as seems mainly that friends groups are seen as NIMBYS or anti Council loons.

Looking at this again and similar arguments. The journalist here ( on the left a regular on novara media. Good on the news programmes Novara do imo) is more sympathetic to the argument that this is creeping privatisation of public space.

Last edited:
Well there was an advert being filmed there the other day ;)

how does that work that you can get it released but they can just blank out half of it? seems to defeat the point.
the alternative would be that every public body could refuse to release any document at all because of one line that's confidential.

Back
Top Bottom