Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Metal, etc.

locomotive

come on baby, do the locomotion
I have been listening to things like this lately...

I don't know what's come over me. I normally listen to folky / indie stuff. What else is good in a heavier vein?

There's often a fair amount of metal recommended in the new albums threads - if you like Dawn Ray'd, maybe some of these would appeal?

Idk, I think my metal-listening probably tends towards mostly just Darkthrone and Municipal Waste at the moment. Oh, Deafheaven, maybe you'd like Deafheaven?

Slave To The Scalpel by 200 Stab Wounds is currently my favorite. They did a pretty good cover track of Carcass's Ruptured in Purulence as well.

There's often a fair amount of metal recommended in the new albums threads - if you like Dawn Ray'd, maybe some of these would appeal?

Idk, I think my metal-listening probably tends towards mostly just Darkthrone and Municipal Waste at the moment. Oh, Deafheaven, maybe you'd like Deafheaven?
If you like Municipal Waste then you'll probably like Iron Reagan as they are a side project.

(the other band - when the music stops in the shop - are the also excellent stoner rock Red Fang. And there are a few other cameos in the vid too).

If you like Municipal Waste then you'll probably like Iron Reagan as they are a side project.

(the other band - when the music stops in the shop - are the also excellent stoner rock Red Fang. And there are a few other cameos in the vid too).

Cheers, I'd seen the name but never got around to listening to them before.

I like this.

I'm a long time fan of the Big Four and also used to listen to Onslaught, Overkill, Suicidal Tendencies, Gang Green, Death Angel and the like.

Been looking for some new metal to listen to but can't be dealing with the death metal grunting and roaring.

Just had a listen to Municipal Waste Breathe Grease and that's good fun as well. :thumbs:

So yeah, interested to hear what gets recommended on here.

I like this.

I'm a long time fan of the Big Four and also used to listen to Onslaught, Overkill, Suicidal Tendencies, Gang Green, Death Angel and the like.

Been looking for some new metal to listen to but can't be dealing with the death metal grunting and roaring.

Just had a listen to Municipal Waste Breathe Grease and that's good fun as well. :thumbs:

So yeah, interested to hear what gets recommended on here.
If you like that, then you might enjoy scousers Short Sharp Shock:
At least some of them are now in Video Nasties:

Who I saw with Aggressive Perfector and Heavy Sentence last year:

That should keep you going for a while.

Yes! This is good. What's the genre to look for for things like this?
Fuck knows tbh. It's thrash metal with a bit of a punk edge, but other than that I dunno.

Bit older but I had this on the other day and it's sweet as fuck. Bit darker and more doom, but the energy is similar I guess

Seen them live twice.

‘May each note I now play be a black arrow of death sent straight to the hearts of all those who play false metal

Do you remember those sheep skin rugs loads of families had in front of the fire in the living room? I actually saw someone turn up at a Manowar gig with one over his shoulder Conan style (he was about 13…just like me at the time).

Got this black metal album on from 2000 tonight, it's amazing - kind of proggish elements, long instrumental passages, fantastic despairing howl vocals. Weakling - Dead As Dreams. Changes hands for north of 500 quid and you can see why people are so into it.

Have recently bought Rammstein's Zeit and Korn's Requiem and could not recommend either. Zeit is power ballardy with a touch of circus ala the Tiger Lillie's. It certainly falls very short of Liebe.
Have recently discovered and enjoying Onslaught.

Back
Top Bottom