Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Members of Britain's richest family get prison sentences

Very pleasing verdict but not sure if they'll do any time - an appeal is underway and none of them are currently in Switzerland

Following the verdict, Bertossa requested an immediate detention order for Ajay and Namrata Hinduja, claiming a flight risk.

The defence denied the risk on the grounds that Kamal Hinduja is hospitalised in Monaco and the three other family members were at her bedside.

It was not immediately clear whether the four would be extradited from the principality to serve their sentences.

Why are rich people so tight (understatement here)?
I guess because thats how they get rich.
Still never ceases to amaze me
I wonder if they have no idea what it's like to be poor?
I have a friend who's son and daughter in law are both investment bankers and they never tip taxi drivers, or delivery drivers. Ever.
Apparently they are getting paid already so don't need a tip.
Some of my tightest customers were minted and the worst off often very generous.

They're never going to serve any time though.

Imagine simultaneously being that rich and yet so stingy and exploitative, paying staff a pittance and making them work such long hours and sleep on mattresses on the floor.

I mean, even if they do serve time, which is highly unlikely, the conditions in jail would be better than those to which they subjected their staff.

Sorry, I didn't want to honour them with their own thread
If you ever wanted proof billionaires could be evil, paying £7.00 per day for 18 hour days. I bet this was the tip of the iceberg.
I heard they are in Monaco, appealing the sentence and claiming I'll health. Where did I hear that before 🤔 dear old Ernie Saunders for one. Who says justice is equal.

Back
Top Bottom