Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Marilyn Monroe - 47 years ago this month

Glad you're pleased I found it :) I love the icon ones, but I love the ones that get overlooked even more.

I don't think I'd want to be her, I've always found her story to be intensely sad. Maybe for one moment, to count my blessings.

It's an amazing look. Her transformation was astonishing really.

Marlon was cool, as was JD. And Richard Burton!

It's my new screen saver - I love it :D I'm so pleased you posted it :D

Richard was very very good looking but Marlon (street car) is still my all time fav for blokes - Paul Newman when he was young was astonishing but Jimmy is still my 2nd fav.

ETA: you're right - her story is one of sadness and tragedy - but you know what? Maybe it's the queen in me - I would still take her life over mine - god I would love that drama :D

richard-burton.jpeg

image002.jpg

I think he aged really well.

It's my new screen saver - I love it :D I'm so pleased you posted it :D

Richard was very very good looking but Marlon (street car) is still my all time fav for blokes - Paul Newman when he was young was astonishing but Jimmy is still my 2nd fav.

Awr :):) Everytime you post I shall be imagining you with that screen saver now :cool:

Streetcar Marlon, oh yes. I love that film. Agree on Paul Newman as well and shall throw Steve McQueen into the pot here too. JD was amazing. I find it hard to pick out favourites in order though.

I went to see the Pop-Art exhibition at the National Portait Gallery last year (?), and the Marilyn Monroe one by Andy Warhol was there - seeing that close up was brilliant.

Awr :):) Everytime you post I shall be imagining you with that screen saver now

Streetcar Marlon, oh yes. I love that film. Agree on Paul Newman as well and shall throw Steve McQueen into the pot here too. JD was amazing. I find it hard to pick out favorites in order though.

I went to see the Pop-Art exhibition at the National Portait Gallery last year (?), and the Marilyn Monroe one by Andy Warhol was there - seeing that close up was brilliant.

I would love to see that :) Steve McQueen? I have no idea - I know he was married to Mia Farrow that's all - did he do Getaway with Faye Dunnaway (who looks awful btw - bad surgery) - I'm going to google him now.

What about
clift.jpg

Monty :)

Was he :cool: That was actually my nan's birthday as well (but not 1962 :D)

I know, fantastic. Got a soft spot for him cos he was the local lad for my mum's side of the family. Lots of my relatives are buried in the tiny village he was born in.

Oh, are you Welsh?

lol - i'm first gen indian and irish :D hardly marilyn :D

Ha, my dad and his lot are Irish. I couldn't do the MM look either ... I know she started off brunette (like me originally) but golden blonde would look well strange with my colouring :D

Ha, my dad and his lot are Irish. I couldn't do the MM look either ... I know she started off brunette (like me originally) but golden blonde would look well strange with my colouring :D

When I was a teenager I was blonde and spikey haired, I had long pink hair for a while also - my mates mum found us in bed together but she only saw my hair and she told him "I'm just glad it's a girl" :D

Such a beautiful picture of 2 of the most beautiful people ever. :cool:

Ah yeah. :cool: Do you want the motorbike one too if I can find it?

Yep, I love these keeping the memory alive threads.

Yep and YES - any pics :) Bring them along :D When I was a teenager I lived in a B&B - my walls were plastered with posters of Marilyn & Jimmy - they were my idols and still are really :)

When I was a teenager I was blonde and spikey haired, I had long pink hair for a while also - my mates mum found us in bed together but she only saw my hair and she told him "I'm just glad it's a girl" :D

:D:D I love that story :D

Brunette >>> bright silver at early age runs on my mum's side. I've been dyeing it back to brunette/reddish for years but growing it out now. I've just passed the badger stripe look and trying to resist the urge to dye it all again :D

Back
Top Bottom