Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Map of Devon

It's traditional in North Devon to pronounce Ilfracombe as ill-frah-com-bee in honour of an almost certainly apocryphal American tourist who once asked for directions to such a place.

Think there might be some confusion between Kirton and window dressing going on with that map.

My kids and nieces and nephews love 'Shit Rock', I have never understood the attraction as it really is just a rock and thus, shit as a day out.

Incidentally I've never heard the word 'janner' prior to this thread despite haveing spent over half my life in Devon.

I hated Tivvy- found it a weird unfriendly place. Lived in quite a few of the places on this map or nearby. Loved Biddy- remember with fondness half day on Wednesday when the shops and schools closed at noon- apart from the market- cracking idea.

I hated Tivvy- found it a weird unfriendly place. Lived in quite a few of the places on this map or nearby. Loved Biddy- remember with fondness half day on Wednesday when the shops and schools closed at noon- apart from the market- cracking idea.

Don't think I've ever got out of the car in Tiverton tbh. It's only there so you've got somewhere to get petrol before the M5.

Don't think I've ever got out of the car in Tiverton tbh. It's only there so you've got somewhere to get petrol before the M5.
It lacks charm or an epicentre. Found it a vaguely threatening place although memories tainted by unpleasant teenage experiences there.

Back
Top Bottom