Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Olympics: Would You Sell Your Torch?

How much for your torch?

• Total voters

Spymaster

Plastic Paddy
So, loads of nonsense in the news about flogging torches. Various estimates suggest anything from 5 grand to 150k, the upper amount likely to be hoaxed. However, what value would you place on your Olympic torch and why?

Me? ... Any offer north of 10 pints of London Pride would probably secure the torch for you.

I would ebay the cunt so fast its little burny head would go out

You know, somehow the organizers would figure that out about you, meaning you'd never get within a mile of carrying one. :p

I'd have no problem selling an olympic torch. I'd take a couple of nice photos of it, then flog it. Except for one thing. It's one of those things that people wouldn't take kindly to. For years, people would be asking: so where do you keep that torch? Can I take a look at it?

There would be years of anxiety, prevarication, and sweat. I just don't think the money would be worth it. :(

I would auction it to the highest bidder. There would be an obscenely large reserve price on it. I would take hundreds of photographs of it beforehand and sell those at ridiculously high prices as well. It would be advertised as being for charity. I would give one percent of the money to a charity and pocket the rest. I think it would only be fair compensation for the effort and shame of having to lug the flaming thing through the streets in front of crowds of people.

I wonder why I wasn't chosen to carry the torch.

nah, bollocks JC, you don't know londoners. Anyone who doesn't flog their torch is either rich or a mug! Fuck the Olympics.... little grandson Timmy says "Grandad, what's that on the mantelpiece?" "That's my Olympic torch" "What? You didn't sell it for bare dough??? Twat!!"

So, loads of nonsense in the news about flogging torches. Various estimates suggest anything from 5 grand to 150k, the upper amount likely to be hoaxed. However, what value would you place on your Olympic torch and why?

Me? ... Any offer north of 10 pints of London Pride would probably secure the torch for you.

Bit silly to sell it so cheap after paying £215 for it.

I know someone carrying the torch on saturday, he has visions of setting himself up for life with a car and a first house with the money. I think he is going to be sorely disappointed.

I would not sell my torch as I do not believe ebay would handle its sale after it has been used to impale boris johnson and remains festooned with the ruins of his entrails
Couldn't you claim that it was modern art?

The bigger question is why anyone would be mug enough to pay even 5k for it. File under the same morons who will be buying jubilee memorabilia

There's 8000 of the things, aparantly locog loses around £300 on each one. Still it's only our money they're tossing to the wind.

Back
Top Bottom