Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lee Jasper resigns as Chair of Brixton Splash

...and because of the fact his contribution has been totally erased, he can't ever use what he achieved on his CV or anything or it will make him look dishonest, which he's not.

Sounds like Lee is not the problem here then. Maybe people from Splash will come on and debate.

How's this email for some disgraceful revisionist bollocks:

It's like they'll come up with anything rather than credit the person who came up with the idea and the name in the first place. And that's the same person who invited Blacka to get involved.

Its worse than that. To quote:

"Following internal discussions it has been agreed that we will not name anyone on our history page bar from Blacka who continues to be heavily involved in the event. This is simply because we owe a debt to too many people in the area to name check them all our page has been updated."

Notice it does not say the Board met and discussed this as an item on there agenda at last meeting. It says "internal discussions". Also the quote carefully does not acknowledge Pats contribution. It just says a debt is owed top a lot of people. Clever.

Of course Blacka, out of all the people a "debt" is owed to is named on history with photo as well."Internal discussions" would have included Blacka.

I've contacted Jo Birch-Phaure, the Company Secretary of Brixton Splash, to ask if LJ's resignation was followed through. As of a few minutes ago, the BS website describes him as Chairman, and according to Companies House records, he remains a Director of BS.

Looks like urban75 has zero influence over Brixton Splash doesn't it?

Is Urban supposed to have influence over Brixton Splash? What point are u making?

U75 played a big role in Jasper having to resign from Splash. So I don't know what ur going on about.

It is interesting that Jasper does not mind to been seen lying. He seems to be used to it. He clearly said he had resigned but then pretends it never happened.

I had an email exchange with Campbell Robertson of the NYTimes when his article about Splash came out quoting Jasper - some time after his resignation - asking how he came to be in touch with Jasper as an organiser of Splash. He replied that Blacker and other board members put him forward as spokesman and, of course, they never updated their website to show he was no longer chair.

It would be nice if the team could clarify what is going on. It is, afterall, supposed to be an event for the people by the people. Looks to me like it has been sadly hijacked for the forseeable.

I've contacted Jo Birch-Phaure, the Company Secretary of Brixton Splash, to ask if LJ's resignation was followed through. As of a few minutes ago, the BS website describes him as Chairman, and according to Companies House records, he remains a Director of BS.
At the Brixton Splash event, Jasper was wandering around in a high-viz vest holding a walkie talkie and looking very much involved in what was going on. It's almost as if the resignation hadn't happened!

Maybe Jo has a separate email address for Brixton Splash related stuff and now it's over isn't checking it?

Maybe someone should tweet her? :hmm:

I sent a paper note to her address as well, just in case she has stopped checking U75.
As if by coincidence, Brixton Splash have just sent a tweet saying they have updated their Board:

Unfortunately, their website still lists Lee Jasper as Company Director and also describes him as Chair of Brixton Splash. :facepalm:

It then goes on to say that "Brixton Splash does not currently have a chair." :confused:

Sounds like even they don't know what's going on.

Yup all those 'hundreds' of visiters the Ed was blathering on about have really brought about a sea change...

Yup all those 'hundreds' of visiters the Ed was blathering on about have really brought about a sea change...
Please take your dull personal grudges elsewhere please.
Unfortunately, their website still lists Lee Jasper as Company Director and also describes him as Chair of Brixton Splash. :facepalm:

It then goes on to say that "Brixton Splash does not currently have a chair."
I think it's just incompetence, to be honest.

At the Brixton Splash event, Jasper was wandering around in a high-viz vest holding a walkie talkie and looking very much involved in what was going on. It's almost as if the resignation hadn't happened!

Its politics. Like Hunt becoming a minister again. Sounds like Jasper is still in there even though he has resigned as Chair. I suppose not a surprise really.

Its politics. Like Hunt becoming a minister again. Sounds like Jasper is still in there even though he has resigned as Chair. I suppose not a surprise really.
Agreed. Though what happens when they go to businesses asking for support next year if LJ is still involved? Doesn't look good does it.

Apparently Brixton Splash can't do anything until their AGM...Brixton Blog asked them on Twitter this morning when their AGM was and they said they didn't know!

Why is it relevant that the shopkeeper is Afghan? It sounds like a dispute over a faulty Blackberry, not a racial incident.

Back
Top Bottom