Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth's useless, appalling phone customer service

editor

hiraethified
I know I'm howling at the Moon here, but I'm so pissed off wasting hours on the phone for these useless fuckers to either answer the phone or deliver on their callback promise.

I've had no hearting for two days. It's fucking freezing,

Current waiting time: 86 minutes.

Any ways of actually getting some human interaction or are they all too busy setting up disastrous, loss making private development schemes.

I know I'm howling at the Moon here, but I'm so pissed off wasting hours on the phone for these useless fuckers to either answer the phone or deliver on their callback promise.

Any ways of actually getting some human interaction or are they all too busy setting up disastrous, loss making private development schemes.
Email/tweet your local councilor(s)?

No doubt once you get through they will arrange an appointment and then a carpenter will turn up at a completely different time when you are not there and tell you that you missed it and that you need to rearrange. Not making light of it ... the service standards are unbelievable. Good luck.

Richard Blakeway, the ombudsman for England’s 4.4m social homes ... said 86% of complaints considered about Lambeth and Southwark Housing Association in London were judged to amount to maladministration... The figures relate to the period from April 2021 to March 2022."

As with faceless, subcontracted corporations of all sorts - sadly your best bet for any sort of progress is to kick up a massive stink on social media, and call in any favours you might have owing with 'traditional' media - newspapers in particular.

If you need an electric heater while you wait I have a convector heater you can borrow on Brixton Hill.
That's very kind of you but there is some heat - just not very much of it! (it's 14C in my room so I've swathed in blankets)

That's very kind of you but there is some heat - just not very much of it! (it's 14C in my room so I've swathed in blankets)

If there is some heat but not much, could your boiler pressure be low? Might be something you can fix yourself. At my previous house this would happen and you just needed to release a valve to sort it.

If there is some heat but not much, could your boiler pressure be low? Might be something you can fix yourself. At my previous house this would happen and you just needed to release a valve to sort it.
It's a communal boiler for thw whole block.
The heating stopped working altogether a few weeks back and apparently this was down to the batteries running out in the thermostat control (really). Bloke came around to replace the batteries but broke it so now it's waiting for a replacement stuck on 15.5C (you can press the up button on the right for a higher temperature but there's no button to set it - so it just falls back).

I might do a separate post because I reckon it must be bodgeable. Edit - posted here How do I change the temperature on this ruddy thermostat?

1670942203710.png

Last edited:
Waited 20 mins earlier on Lambeth's emergency repairs line but gave up as the countdown wasn't getting any shorter so left my number for a callback which never materialised (that's the third one now over three days).

I'm trying again on an estimated hold time of 20 mins. Lambeth are truly appalling.

Waited 20 mins earlier on Lambeth's emergency repairs line but gave up as the countdown wasn't getting any shorter so left my number for a callback which never materialised (that's the third one now over three days).

I'm trying again on an estimated hold time of 20 mins. Lambeth are truly appalling.
How far are you from the council house? Is kicking up a fuss in person there an option?

How far are you from the council house? Is kicking up a fuss in person there an option?
Still online now - the estimated hold time remains permanently just out of reach. I'm going to visit the council offices if I don't get through but suspect I'll be ejected because I'm so fucking angry.

The ludicrously inaccurate automated message insists on adding the estimated amount of minutes and seconds I'm expected to wait.

Still online now - the estimated hold time remains permanently just out of reach. I'm going to visit the council offices if I don't get through but suspect I'll be ejected because I'm so fucking angry.
I don't know how easy it is to contact your Housing Officer , I am getting a lot of calls/emails about heating atm (not surprising) . Luckily where I work is also where our Gas Services work , so I have a word with one of the gas folk.

Update: I have heat! An engineer came over last night, unscrewed and overrode the gizmo that was presumably being controlled by the dodgy thermostat and as a temporary measure left everything on full blast. :)

Glad to hear this.

On Brixton Rec the "Coop" Council have not managed to be put new boiler in. Despite promises since February.

Even hard core swimmers I know are going to swim in other pools now due to cold.

Lambeth really are shambolic at maintaining anything.

When things break down the blame Brexit/ Government cuts. Anything but there shambolic management.

I've recently had a new boiler installed. Took emailing my local Cllrs. I have reputation as a complainer and so get some progress. What I'm not happy about is that some who don't complain get nothing.

Glad to hear this.

On Brixton Rec the "Coop" Council have not managed to be put new boiler in. Despite promises since February.

Even hard core swimmers I know are going to swim in other pools now due to cold.

Lambeth really are shambolic at maintaining anything.

When things break down the blame Brexit/ Government cuts. Anything but there shambolic management.

I've recently had a new boiler installed. Took emailing my local Cllrs. I have reputation as a complainer and so get some progress. What I'm not happy about is that some who don't complain get nothing.
Planning on going as not been for 2 weeks as so cold outside nevermind in. Hope it's not too excruciating.

Planning on going as not been for 2 weeks as so cold outside nevermind in. Hope it's not too excruciating.
The latest I heard is that the new boiler will finally be operational next Tuesday. It will still take time to warm the pool up even if it is started on this day. Given previous promises I would not guarantee a warm pool before Xmas.

Im using Vauxhall. Which is smaller pool.

The latest I heard is that the new boiler will finally be operational next Tuesday. It will still take time to warm the pool up even if it is started on this day. Given previous promises I would not guarantee a warm pool before Xmas.

I've swam at West Norwood and Streatham before but both also smaller. Think I'll take my chances with the cold tomorrow.

Streatham pool now closed, not sure why.

The pool at the rec was cold (20-ish) last week, but certainly still swimmable once you got a sweat up. That said, its really unforgivable that they dont fix it and yet they still take their monthly direct debit.

Back
Top Bottom