Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth's plans to demolish Cressingham Gardens and other estates without the consent of residents

Is Hardel Walk part of the Cressingham demolition plan? I ask because Foxtons are marketing a three bed flat there for just shy of £600,000!

Judicial Review Hearing 3rd and 4th November.
Does anyone know yet which location / building /part of the High Court the hearing is being heard?
Are the Public allowed to attend? Any idea of the times of day?
Have looked online, and the Court seems to only publish daily schedules of what and when on the day.
If Public spaces are limited and been allocated to Cressingham people and Journalists that's OK. We will hear about it later. As they say in England 'Go an break some Legs!'

It is happening at the Royal Courts of Justice on the Strand. I think it is starting 10am/10.30am. Don't know yet which room.
Public spaces are limited, but looks like there might be a protest gathering outside as well, so people will probably take turns inside the court.

Protest at what time on 3rd? If around 9 ish could take be around and take some photos. And say hello.;)

With the judicial review about to take place are they still collecting donations? I'd like to donate but just want to clarify that the money is still needed.

With the judicial review about to take place are they still collecting donations? I'd like to donate but just want to clarify that the money is still needed.
Yes, we're still collecting, and yes it's still needed. :(

We're getting closer, but not there yet.

BTW even if we win this judicial review, there may be further legal battles ahead.

Their Facebook page says a decision in about 2 weeks.

Might be sooner. All depends on Justice Laing's take on things. We know she wasn't at all impressed with how Lambeth presented their side of things - apparently their barrister was NOT on top of his brief - but that doesn't necessarily mean that any decision she makes will favour us. She may tell Lambeth to re-consult as the consultation wasn't lawful, but she might rule that what's done is done, and while their behaviour was unlawful, it doesn't constitute an issue significant enough to force the council to re-consult.

Something which ought to be of concern to people living near the estate.

You won't have been invited to the Rotunda to see the boards about Regeneration plans which labelled a lowrise block at 115 Tulse Hill and the safe house on the corner of Trinity Rise, as well as a few of the semidetached houses on Trinity Rise near the safe house as a "land acquisition opportunity".

Last edited:
Reactions: CH1
Something which ought to be of concern to people living near the estate.

You won't have been invited to the Rotunda to see the boards about Regeneration plans which labelled a lowrise block at 115 Tulse Hill and the safe house on the corner of Trinity Rise, as well as a few of the semidetached houses on Trinity Rise near the safe house as a "land acquisition opportunity".

Is that statement in an official document? If so can you point me toward it please Greebo, thanks.

Is that statement in an official document? If so can you point me toward it please Greebo, thanks.
It was included in the content of the boards displayed by firms tendering for the regeneration contract. These were recently displayed in the Rotunda, for residents of the estate to see, at very short notice and for a relatively short time. :mad: :rolleyes:

ViolentPanda can you put it up please?

It was included in the content of the boards displayed by firms tendering for the regeneration contract. These were recently displayed in the Rotunda, for residents of the estate to see, at very short notice and for a relatively short time. :mad: :rolleyes:

ViolentPanda can you put it up please?

Yep, no problem. Small correction, though. The "halfway house"/bail hostel isn't directly under threat in the same way as 115 Tulse Hill (Park View House) and 126-138 Trinity Rise are, because it's part of the Crown Estate, so it can't be CPO'd. That doesn't, however, mean that Lambeth can't come to a direct leasing arrangement with the Crown Estate, just that they'll have to pay market rate for it if Brenda wants to do business with them.

board%20one.jpg

Reactions: CH1
Shoddy is being too kind.

Nor had the elusive document been supplied to the court as part of the council’s supporting evidence, but Lambeth’s barrister Jon Holbrook, claimed it did exist. He said: “There are so many documents in this case, Mr Vokes has made an assertion and if I had to bring a document to support every assertion he makes, there would be a lot more documents than there are already. I can see it’s relevant and I can copy it and bring it to court.”

I swore out loud reading this part, luckily no one heard me. Truly incredible ineptitude.

So what is the best case outcome? Judge agrees consultation was flawed and asks for it to be redone and that Financial models are produced/verified and show that refurb is viable?

Back
Top Bottom