Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

“For the time being we are not winning the competition with the membership. He played us royally over Syria. We are feeling sore over how we were treated,” said one MP.
hahahahaha my heart bleeds. :D

I also like the way they talk about attracting 'moderates' and characterising Corbyn, yet again as 'hard left' when he is nothing of the sort, thereby missing the point that 'moderate' people might find him appealing.

I reckon the self-styled 'moderates' are suffering from a form of mass psychosis. Their party has never seen so many members, yet these numpties working hard to alienate them because, in their mind, they're all 'Trots'. None of them are prepared to admit that under Blair, Brown and Miliband, membership numbers fell. :facepalm:

Ok not-so-accurate then. But you have local knowledge. I've only traveled on the service once.

I still feel it stands as a counterpoint to the wibblings in the Torygraph.

People lliked Miliband. They didn't vote for him, though. Anyway, visiting professor of public ethics at the University of Chester? I'll trust the real psephologists, thanks.

Need I remind you who won the leadership and why? Does the nature of his post diminish his observation? (He's not at Oxbridge so I think we can safely rubbish anything he has to say). As for opinion polls/psephologists I'm no expert but haven't their methodologies been called into question of late?

No. Do you think the Labour selectorate is the same thing as the electorate?

Yes.

Yes. They failed on a hugely complex question, so let's trust a random global aid and Catholicism writer's anecdotal musings on a simpler one.

Jeremy Corbyn critics target 100,000 new moderate members in long-term strategy to oust leader

The latest whispers from 'unnamed sources' say they've got a plan. They're going to recruit 100,000 new 'moderate' members. :D

I can see why they're not putting their name to that one tbh.
the whole thing sounds made up.
For one, this is the exact opposite IIRC - Corbyn spent the least of all 4 candidates
""Liz Kendall [the Labour MP who ran for the leadership] spent a few hundred thousand pounds, Corbyn spent millions. That cannot happen again.”"

the whole thing sounds made up.
For one, this is the exact opposite IIRC - Corbyn spent the least of all 4 candidates
""Liz Kendall [the Labour MP who ran for the leadership] spent a few hundred thousand pounds, Corbyn spent millions. That cannot happen again.”"

The only way they can prevent that "happening again" (i.e. Corbyn getting financial support from the unions) is by convincing the affiliated unions to not support Corbyn, but rather to support them. That might happen with regard to some of the centrist unions, but most of them would tell the so-called moderates to step the fuck off.
As for them finding 100,000 new "moderate" members, on what basis are they going to attract those sorts of numbers? Blair only managed to add 300,000 (in the short term) because people were sick to the back teeth of a Tory government. "The Maquis" have nothing to offer except neoliberal Conservatism-lite and central control of the party.

Do you think the Labour selectorate is the same thing as the electorate?

They are both electors but in different contests; so the selectorate name calling looks a little like sour grapes.

And if you don't want people voting the wrong way in party elections, then why have party members? Are they only to be trusted to pay their fees and deliver leaflets?

That's not a very inclusive message you're putting out there, but perhaps you don't want it to be...what is it about other people you don't seem to either like or trust?

Louis MacNeice

Last edited:
They are both electors but in different contests; so the selectorate name calling looks a little like sour grapes.

And if you don't want people voting the wrong way in party election then why have party members? Are they only to be trusted to pay their fees and deliver leaflets?

That's not a very inclusive message you're putting out there, but perhaps you don't want it to be...what is it about other people you don't seem to either like or trust?

Louis MacNeice

And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids Labour party members"

Back
Top Bottom