Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

July 4 1990 - where were you?

Nae fucking clue. I was 5 at the time and yet to develop an interest in football.

As discussed on other threads, '94 was the first tournament I watched, '96 was my first England experience.

Newly single, living in Queensbury in North West London.
I watched it with my neighbour, Colin, round his flat as he had also recently split up with his girlfriend.
Lost touch with him when I moved away, but here he is in a Suzi Quatro video (he's the blond guitarist)

...and he's in this too:

Just finished university... I was in in New York. Missed the start as I was wondering around Central Park trying to find my glasses...:rolleyes:. Ended up watching in a bar with an Italian guy and a bunch of indifferent and slightly bemused Americans.

Not sure, although I vividly remember watching the England v Ireland game on holiday...in Ireland.

I was probably with my housemates at the time, one of whom was a rabid Argentina supporter, wore the shirt and bore an uncanny resemblance to Diego Maradona (then, not now, luckily for him). I think he had been born in Argentina while his parents worked there but was actually Anglo-Scottish!

934.jpg

I was six. I was very proud of my Lego Club badge, and not in the least bit interested in football.

Nae fucking clue. I was 5 at the time and yet to develop an interest in football.

As discussed on other threads, '94 was the first tournament I watched, '96 was my first England experience.
I was 5 in 1970 so don't remember that world cup , then we failed to qualify in 74 and 78 , so the first one I saw with England in it was 1982 when I was 17 :D

Back
Top Bottom