Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joker trailer

Tried to watch suicide squad again last night. Leto, even in his four minutes of screen time, was awful. This seems like it'll be the opposite of that so I'm in.

Obviously, given DC/WB's recent track record, gonna reserve judgment, but yeah - potential that they've got back on track.

Is this film going to have batman in it?
Thats put me off again if so :D

possible as it has been reported that the next batman will have a noir feel to it

the Joker is set in the 90's as this is DC i'd suspect they think that would count :(

it has been said phoenix will appear is Birds of Prey, I hope not, but then again do we want to see the suicide squad joker again

From the trailer i'm getting excited but can they pull it off

Director previously directed the Hangover movies, Starsky & Hutch and Road Trip.

And wrote Borat.

Some big names involved though, might be good. I have plenty of time for Phoenix.

Reactions: Ax^
Director previously directed the Hangover movies, Starsky & Hutch and Road Trip.

And wrote Borat.

Some big names involved though, might be good. I have plenty of time for Phoenix.

I remember having misgivings over the director of Beetlejuice taking on Batman, back in the day :)

This looks good. And I'm fine if Bats isn't in it. I think it would work better without him. Although, that kid in the trailer could be young Bruce Wayne...

Final trailer is out.

From what I've read so far the film is not perfect though the general consensus is still very favourable, but Phoenix's performance in particular is being widely praised :cool:

If that final trailer is anything to go by that take seems apposite. No laughs, we already live in a shit world full of damaged kids who go out and commit violence. This seems massively misjudged.

Won't know it, til we see it, I guess. As long as nobody is shooting up theatres :eek::(

Film already being discussed as right wing and a call to arms for incels. Kinda.

'Incel' violence is horrific, but Joker is complex, and doesn't take sides

I suppose we'll see... It may just end up obviously being that. It would certainly fit better into the DC's output if it was. But there is a danger of making it exactly that just because of the way it's been interpreted.

That said, a brief peruse of google does point to Phillips being a bit of a cunt. Well, like I said - we'll see.

I'm probably still going to see this, but Todd Phillips has sounded like so much of a twat in recent interviews that I wouldn't be surprised if his next big project was an Ayn Rand adaptation.

Todd Phillips is indeed a knob who claims nobody can make comedy anymore because of the pc brigade.

Back
Top Bottom