Was his music crap?

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
...also, it's a "Maybe" from me, and Imagine alone made me reconsider a "No". Fucking loathe that song.

It's a not crap from me, but it was Imagine that made me waver. Nice simple piano line, which I really like, then some of the most obnoxious hypocritical lyrics ever written.

Also, I've never seen an anecdote claiming that they sometimes had to send Lennon out of the studio to get some lager and lime and shepherd's pie while they secretly re-recorded his parts, so not the crappest Beatle on that front, but I think he is also covered by Quincy Jones' general description of the Beatles as "no-playing motherfuckers".
I'm sure the remaining Beatles (and their fans) must have been devastated by his muso verdict that they were "no-playing motherfuckers."

I fucking hate that snobby muso bullshit. It's the songs, the attitude, the vibe and what the public thinks that actually matters.

Anyway he backtracked Dry aged beef? Paul McCartney's and Quincy Jones' slow-moving squabble

It's a not crap from me, but it was Imagine that made me waver. Nice simple piano line, which I really like, then some of the most obnoxious hypocritical lyrics ever written.
Imagine no possessions. From the man who bought an apartment on the floor below them in the Dakota Building, then spent a fortune installing air conditioning to protect their fur coats. Whilst working on Imagine.

Imagine no possessions. From the man who bought an apartment on the floor below them in the Dakota Building, then spent a fortune installing air conditioning to protect their fur coats. Whilst working on Imagine.

Yup. Such lack of self-awareness. And the utopia proposed in the song sounds like a meaning-free, Benzo-loaded nightmare, too.

Their music was commercially successful because his repertoire featured 5-carat rock, with emotion and folk roots, along with the inherent nods to the dreampop / shoegaze of the first album.
If MBV, Slowdive and Cocteau Twins did not have a worldwide impact, it was because they did not have the best female rock vocalist of the last 30 years

You like more?
Commercial success isn't all that

Back
Top Bottom