Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jesus Myth Theory

We have accounts of Socrates from two people who claim to have known him personally, so I'd say there's more direct evidence of Socrates than there is of Jesus.

That said, Xenophon's Socrates is very different from Plato's Socrates. I think the best thing to do with Plato's Socrates is to say that he is using 'Socrates' as a device to put across his own ideas. Those ideas may or may not have originally come from the real Socrates, but it doesn't matter either way really. It doesn't change the value of the ideas.

Just on this single point, we have accounts of Jesus from four people who claim to have known him personally, so by your reasoning, he's twice as likely to have existed as Socrates.

Just on this single point, we have accounts of Jesus from four people who claim to have known him personally, so by your reasoning, he's twice as likely to have existed as Socrates.
More than four if we count the Apocrypha, which we should.

No doubt you'll be telling us soon that they were suppressed by the MSM of the time at the behest of the FBI, and if only your mate Elon Musk had been around to ensure free speech back then the world would have learnt the real truth and would be a very different place now...

TL;DR Fuck off Dwyer
You have a problem with the Apocrypha?

By Christ, you're tiresome. When and where have I ever stated that you're 'not allowed' to answer a question?
Well maybe not explicitly, but sometimes you're so fierce that I'm too frightened.

Anyway, I assume you want me to answer this so I will. No religious man would advocate reading the Apocrypha.

Back
Top Bottom