Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Iran, and how to keep BAE shareholders happy

lions donkeys and dinosaurs is a very flawed book to be kind but BIG and EXPENSIVE along with the MOD produce some shockingly crap shit.
oh course they use bribary how else do they flogg their overpriced under speced shit.

that old hippy t-shirt "what would happen if armys had to orgainse jumble sales for guns" somebody cynically mused we'd get kit that fucking works:mad:

Yeah, and LOL on the last line :)

Whenever I've seem LD&D reviewed the usual line is that Page is broadly right but that he makes certain assumptions about how the world is going to go in the future - for example, he assumes most conflicts will be asymmetric - which won't necessarily hold water when the time comes. My guess is though that he's broadly on the money with what he says in this book.

Max Hastings does a pretty good job IMO of reviewing the book here;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/3649724/Wasting-money-saving-lives.html

Yep, we better get ready; I'm sure Iranians think of nothing other than firing warheads right across Europe to a bizarre island on the other side.
It's not that we have to worry about, it's all the asymmetrical stuff they'd be able to unleash. I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to attack them.

Back
Top Bottom