Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If God exists, how would you worship him?

Gromit

International Man of Misery
It's proven beyond all doubt...

So do you dirge sing at him? CoE stylee?
Or liven it up like gospel singers?
Or dance around something naked like certain pagans?

What's your preferred method of showing bigjobs how much you lub 'im?

As a kid I had to do the usual Sunday morning CofE service of hymn singing and reading the Lord's Prayer and it was a big chore.

I like the idea of the choral evensong service where the choir sing for God on your behalf so you can just sit there and chill.

Having the Lord's Prayer sung to e.g. John Sheppard's 1549 polyphonic composition sure beats having to read it out yourself:

It's proven beyond all doubt...

So do you dirge sing at him? CoE stylee?
Or liven it up like gospel singers?
Or dance around something naked like certain pagans?

What's your preferred method of showing bigjobs how much you lub 'im?
Then you ask it/her/him. :facepalm:

An electric monk:

The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder. Dishwashers washed tedious dishes for you, thus saving you the bother of washing them yourself, video recorders watched tedious television for you, thus saving you the bother of looking at it yourself; Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe.

The Electric Monk

Well today I have drunk tea and coffee, listened to music, have eaten some food, and am now typing away on my laptop.

:)

The second commandment says:

You shall not make for yourself a graven image,
or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth

So I'd probably build a church and fill it with graven images for people to worship, because that's obviously what the second commandment is telling me to do.

Back
Top Bottom