Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Iceland vs Croatia (Group D) - 19:00 - 26/06/2018

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Rooting for Iceland here but fear the clapping Nords are out of there depth against Croatia.
Croatia have qualified and will be group winners with a point against Iceland.

Nigeria will qualify with a win over Argentina. A point would be enough if Iceland do not beat Croatia.

If Argentina and Nigeria draw, Iceland will make the last 16 if they beat Croatia by a two-goal margin and also score at least one more than Nigeria.

Argentina will qualify with victory over Nigeria coupled with Iceland failing to defeat Croatia. If Iceland do beat Croatia, then Jorge Sampaoli's side can still qualify if they beat Nigeria by two more goals than Iceland win their game. If Argentina and Iceland win and finish with identical records their fate will be decided by their disciplinary records and then the drawing of lots. Argentina have picked up three yellow cards and Iceland have none

Croatia pretty much resting the whole side from the Argentina match. I guess something very unusual would have to happen for them not to top the group.

Interestingly it does open it up for Iceland though. Imagine the scenario that Argentina win but so do Iceland and they go through in second. The Argies would go into meltdown over conspiracy theories. :D

Hve just flipped over to this, gven the scorline on the otherside.

Anyone else watching?

I've been stuck in a branch committee meeting that was supposed to finish at 7pm :mad: :(

Sounds like Iceland, once again, should have more than they do.

Back
Top Bottom