Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ian Wright... what a big-headed C***, right?

he was in the bar i drink in after work 3 weeks ago , i wanted to say hello , but bottled it.

After the first bit, so far, next time I see him , and will go up and shake his hand.

His father issues are very close to my own.

Watched this the other day and yes, my face leaked a little. Always thought he was a tit after I saw something in his house and it was just classic footballer - a big pic of himself (or something like that) over the indoor pool, arcade machines etc etc. Didn't quite realise the depth of character till I watched this.

he was in the bar i drink in after work 3 weeks ago , i wanted to say hello , but bottled it..

Which bar??

I've always been a big admirer of this guy, there was something both real and wise about him. This documentary helps immortalise him in stone not only as a great footballer but as a truly remarkable and intelligent guy with probably one of the biggest hearts you will ever see.

I loved his goal against palace in 93 at Highbury which relegated them. Celebrated before the ridiculous not celebrating against your former team bollocks that we have these days. :thumbs:

My Mother in Law meet him once at Highbury. She got lost at some charity event and was wandering around the corridors when a fella asked if he could help her. They walked back to the event area and were chatting away. When she asked his name to say thanks he said (without being big headed) "You don't know who I am do you?" Then he introduced himself as "Ian Wright" to which my mother in law replied: "Well I still don't know who you are but you're very kind". She said he cracked up and stayed and chatted for a while.

It's a great programme and very moving, but he hardly talked about his time at Palace. It went straight from his apprenticeship to the FA Cup final to signing with Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom