Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I’m going to Istanbul by mistake and I’m terrified

Thank you Edie ! In all seriousness you should do so much more traveling and tell u75 about it. Your honest unabashed wonder of the 'simplest' things is so refreshing. Its really taken me back to my first visit to Turkey in the best possible way. Just the mention of apple tea at the bazaar has opened a whole box of lovely memories and feelings.

I think people who are lucky enough to travel a lot can become unappreciative or just too familiar to describe it as you are. But your descriptions are so joyous and infectious. I've got a big smile on my face just reading this :)

I do a lot of wandering about. I think I've become rather cynical about travelling. But reading your description of Istanbul has done two things. First, I need to go somewhere different, have an adventure, and secondly go back to Istanbul and see it again.

Thank you Edie ! In all seriousness you should do so much more traveling and tell u75 about it. Your honest unabashed wonder of the 'simplest' things is so refreshing. Its really taken me back to my first visit to Turkey in the best possible way. Just the mention of apple tea at the bazaar has opened a whole box of lovely memories and feelings.

I think people who are lucky enough to travel a lot can become unappreciative or just too familiar to describe it as you are. But your descriptions are so joyous and infectious. I've got a big smile on my face just reading this :)
I was thinking about this and it's my issue. I'm currently in my eighth hotel this year. It all merges into one dull blur. For things to stand out they have to be either spectacularly good or bad. It's rather sad that I've lost the pure joy of seeing new places and doing new things.

Omg we’re here! It’s totally amazing. Little alleys with lots of restaurants, cats, guys on segways, music.

Went to a restaurant. The restaurant was bonkers. Everyone is so expressive, loud, smoking like bloody chimneys. When the band played a Turkish banger, they all started clapping, pushing their chairs back to dance at the table, waiter slapping two menus together :D

Boy is a bit overwhelmed. Makes you realise how quiet we are. You don’t get that in Leeds. Table next to us just pulled their chairs round and started talking in Turkish despite us having no idea what they were saying, then offered the boy a tab.

Night!

This thread makes me happy.

I've never been but would really like to now.

This thread has cheered me right up, so glad Edie is enjoying it and yeah has made me want to commit more to going places a bit out of my comfort zone.

I was thinking about this and it's my issue. I'm currently in my eighth hotel this year. It all merges into one dull blur. For things to stand out they have to be either spectacularly good or bad. It's rather sad that I've lost the pure joy of seeing new places and doing new things.

That is sad, maybe you need to write about your travels on this forum? :) I reckon people do a lot more travelling than is written about here and I wonder why that is. Perhaps it's become so run of the mill that it's not worth mentioning or maybe its something more... Maybe people don't want to be seen as 'privileged'... don't want to rub it in for people who aren't able to travel (for whatever reason) or perhaps where you're going is too personal/work stuff to write about here? Or perhaps I'm just overthinking it :hmm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom