Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hurricane and Typhoon thread

david dissadent

Always watch hurricane season. Probibly because I know a few people from other forums in the South East of the US so right up hurricane ally. And right now they are all batting down the hatches for Gustav

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1051&tstamp=200808

at200807_sat.jpg

Its just picked up some energy and spun up to a Cat 3 headed for Cuba and will be going over a break away eddy from the Gulf Loop so will feed on and pick up more energy after it crosses Cuba.

Its got a 10% chance of smaking New Orleans as well, probibly about Cat 3 when he gets there, but seems a decent bet to hit Cat 5 while still out on the Gulf.

Behind him is Hana
750px-

Although she is not looking too much like getting up to Hurricane speed....

I live on the central west coast of Florida and am contemplating whether or not I should be bothered to hurricane-proof stuff. don't think I will as it seems to be heading towards Louisiana or Texas by Tuesday at a 3-4 (it's a 5 right now)...hoping it doesn't pull a sharp righty

I live on the central west coast of Florida and am contemplating whether or not I should be bothered to hurricane-proof stuff. don't think I will as it seems to be heading towards Louisiana or Texas by Tuesday at a 3-4 (it's a 5 right now)...hoping it doesn't pull a sharp righty
Seems that Havana may get near enough a direct hit from Gustav. They are pretty orginised there but he seems a bit of a monster.

These days it seems that tropical stroms can spin up to cat 4 and 5 in just a day or two.

vloodycloody_peace.gif
good luck to anyone in the path of Gustav.

There is a traffic jam of hurricanes out there.
Gustave is the one over Louisiana and Hana is the one bearing down on Florida or the Carolinas.

gustav_hanna_sep1.jpg

And Ike is coming in right behind them.

145612W_sm.gif

While tropical depression 99L out near Africa is now being strongly touted to eventualy make it to the other side as Josiphine.

Hurricane ally is looking more like hurricane highway.

Back
Top Bottom