Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hundreds of Post Office workers ‘vindicated’ by High Court ruling over faulty Post Office IT system

Sam Stein KC has pressed Paula Vennells to explicitly name the colleagues who she claims she was too trusting of, and who she thinks let her down. After protesting that she has already named people throughout the hearing, she names

Lesley Sewell, former head of IT
Mike Young, former CTO
Susan Crichton, former general counsel 2010-2013
Chris Aujard, former interim general counsel
Jane MacLeod, general counsel 2015-2019

Naming names to avoid taking the blames is always a good look

It's Friday arvo. I don't think I can cope with this guy shouting at Paula. Ruining my buzz here. Bring back Beer.

It feels like we've entered a penalty shoot out here after a meandering 1-1 draw..
You must be watching a different match to me. I'm seeing an annihilation.
It's Friday arvo. I don't think I can cope with this guy shouting at Paula. Ruining my buzz here. Bring back Beer.
Poor Paula. All she did was destroy hundreds of people's lives and send a few to prison. She doesn't deserve to be questioned in such a manner.

Not heard the new bloke but sounds like there's be a few insults people will be able to quote so we don't just hear her evasions.

Good tactics then - first get her to explain relaxed and at length why she did it all, under very delicate questioning.

And she's made a lot of enemies among important witnesses in any court case, eager to defend themselves with a different account of what went on.

I'm behind, just up to the baldy bloke. He didn't start well, but he's just summarising what she knew at each point around 2012-13, it's devastating.

Absolutely, and also that not only will they escape justice but we will never know who they are, indeed they're probably enjoying a pretty sweet lifestyle.

Doubt any of them will miss any meals.

Reactions: izz
You can see why these captains of neoliberalism are paid so much; if she is to be believed she didn't ask any questions, can't remember anything and boos her eyes out when given difficult questions.

Last edited:
She got more abuse from the gallery when questioned about the new contract that subpostmasters had to sign, which made them responsible for any and all shortfalls, whether it was their fault or not. She was asked if signing the contract was optional, to which she replied Yes, but going off the noise from the gallery, I reckon that may have been a porky.

Jason Beer, what a fucking legend that man is.

I had a deputy head who was a bit like him; I'd be sent to see him, he'd ask me to tell him why I had been sent his way, I'd give him my carefully crafted version of events, he'd reply, "Ok, let me tell what really happened...." and fuck me, he'd tell it 100% as it really went down. Every fucking time, my bullshit just destroyed. Grudging respect for him even if he did cause me a great deal of angst. Still, I take cheer that he must be dead by now, he had some weird illness that meant his hair looked like a chess board, why do so many teachers have these physical ailments that kids can fixate on?

Jason Beer, what a fucking legend that man is.

I had a deputy head who was a bit like him; I'd be sent to see him, he'd ask me to tell him why I had been sent his way, I'd give him my carefully crafted version of events, he'd reply, "Ok, let me tell what really happened...." and fuck me, he'd tell it 100% as it really went down. Every fucking time, my bullshit just destroyed. Grudging respect for him even if he did cause me a great deal of angst. Still, I take cheer that he must be dead by now, he had some weird illness that meant his hair looked like a chess board, why do so many teachers have these physical ailments that kids can fixate on?
I hope you deployed some Vennells-isms back at him: 'well, that was not my recollection and you will find I have a strong reputation in the organisation for not smoking weed in the bogs'.

I hope you deployed some Vennells-isms back at him: 'well, that was not my recollection and you will find I have a strong reputation in the organisation for not smoking weed in the bogs'.
...And if such activities were concomitant with my own presence in that general locality then I would certainly place that more within the purview of Jones Minor, 'Stone' Theckrouse and Cathy the Cat-Hater, and indeed I do recall a conversation with at least one of those named in which they fully confessed to all heretofore mentioned practices about which I obviously know nothing vis-a-vis in the sense of personal culpability and that's the truth, SCALE MODELLING SOCIETY 4 LIFE God Save The King peace i'm out <drops golden pencil case on floor>

he had some weird illness that meant his hair looked like a chess board, why do so many teachers have these physical ailments that kids can fixate on?

While this is the, for want of a much better term, the politically correct answer, and applicable to some, it's not generally true. The fact is physical ailments are not uncommon. But even so, most of our experience of meeting people with them is literally passing them in the street. A teacher sees 180 brats a day. For 9 months of the year. So you notice, and, being 15, likely stick your hand up and say "is it bishop to e3 sir?" in answer to just about anything.

It is a fact that having smelly breath is on the Geography teacher's job description though.

Back
Top Bottom