Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hundreds of Post Office workers ‘vindicated’ by High Court ruling over faulty Post Office IT system

Why did you decide to change the word bugs to the non-emotive 'anomalies' or 'exceptions'?

Because those bugs were minor, isolated anomalies, and had no impact on the system, but I should have said bugs, and I'm sorry for that.

Why are you sorry?

Because many more bugs were found, which were also isolated anomalies.

Whilst she's never going to see the inside of a police station, never mind a cell, the eventual report will refer to her as evasive to say the least and that sections of her evidence were (at best) 'not credible'. Going to be an interesting one for the Cof E, given that's she's still a minister, even if inactive.

Whilst she's never going to see the inside of a police station, never mind a cell, the eventual report will refer to her as evasive to say the least and that sections of her evidence were (at best) 'not credible'. Going to be an interesting one for the Cof E, given that's she's still a minister, even if inactive.
But she'll still be going home at night, sleeping in a comfortable bed, with millions stuffed in the mattress.

If she can lie that blatantly, she can't give much of a shit about her church and her god.

I know she really SHOULD be in prison, but even if she doesn't end up inside, the reputational damage this will inflict on her isn't to be underestimated. It'll be interesting to see what the Church does with this, though...

It must work as a defense then if it's being repeatedly used. Looks like the law (or the application of the law) isn't fit for purpose in this area. A get out of jail free card that's well known by corporate sketchy types from the look of it.

I've actually felt that the media coverage of this scandal has been a bit crappy. Channel 4 journalists keep trying to publicly shame those involved with questions outside the court. Like they already know it's the only censure or consequence these cunts will face.

But she'll still be going home at night, sleeping in a comfortable bed, with millions stuffed in the mattress.

I doubt she'll be sleeping very well in that mattress. She'll just be having haunted visions of someone who looks like he should be clutching his betting slips watching the 4.10 at Aintree down the Fox and Hound systematically destroying her and her reputation. One more round. Let's hope he's got some doozies ready for tomorrow. The pacing is indeed wonderful, he's stepped it up beautifully.

So she took the decision not to investigate older cases further based on the advice of her head of PR and head of IT and didn't consult her head of Legal (who had actually provided advice, which 'she didn't see)
Don't believe she didn't speak to the Head of Legal for a second.

23 May 2024: The former Post Office boss Paula Vennells denied trying to influence the independent investigation into the Horizon IT scandal - as emails emerged revealing that she saw managing the media as an urgent priority. The inquiry chairman had to intervene during groans of derision from the public gallery:

23 May 2024: The former Post Office boss Paula Vennells denied trying to influence the independent investigation into the Horizon IT scandal - as emails emerged revealing that she saw managing the media as an urgent priority. The inquiry chairman had to intervene during groans of derision from the public gallery:

For a brief moment, I had a flash of compassion for her, having "rot in hell!" screamed at her as she went to her car. And then I had a word with myself.

Love the way this brief keeps adding “Miss Vennells” at the end of each question.

He might as well just say “you cunt”.
He hates her. Everyone hates her. Everyone sees straight through her.

I've just stepped back in again. Who the hell is this rude fuck giving her shit? Where's Bazza gone?
He's someone trying to get to the truth, whilst negotiating a path of lies. I think rude is more than acceptable. It's necessary at this point.

He hates her. Everyone hates her. Everyone sees straight through her.

He's someone trying to get to the truth, whilst negotiating a path of lies. I think rude is more than acceptable. It's necessary at this point.

Gonna make a note of his name. If I ever find myself in court I want him on my side.

It feels like we've entered a penalty shoot out here after a meandering 1-1 draw. This guy's stressing me out and im only sitting in the pub watching this. She seems composed though.

Back
Top Bottom