Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How to eat salad leaves and not look like Ed Milliband?

Fez909

toilet expert
I've started eating a lot more leaves but I don't know how to avoid getting salad dressing all over my face. Is this a common problem or am I just as awkward as the former Labour leader?

Leaves don't seem suited to forking, and chopping them up for scooping feels strange and ruins the presentation of my dinner.

Tips/advice pls

This is why I eat alone
238899-Tonight-You-Dine-Alone.jpg

I've started eating a lot more leaves but I don't know how to avoid getting salad dressing all over my face. Is this a common problem or am I just as awkward as the former Labour leader?

Leaves don't seem suited to forking, and chopping them up for scooping feels strange and ruins the presentation of my dinner.

Tips/advice pls

Yes. Sorry. :(

Pick them up with your fingers, fold them into a suitable contained arrangement, and then place them in your mouth.

I don't 'do' bread anymore. Hence the leaves :(

Mayo/olive oil/spicy sauce

I only have oil and vinegar on mine and keep a napkin handy. Smaller mouthfuls maybe?

Eta you've cut bread out completely???

I'm eating a lot of no cook stuff atm. Like carrots, sweet peppers, salad etc. I've just bought some well fit looking strawberries. Also rice cakes, veggie pate and the like. I'm not intentionally cutting down on bread but its happening.

I only have oil and vinegar on mine and keep a napkin handy. Smaller mouthfuls maybe?

Eta you've cut bread out completely???

I'm eating a lot of no cook stuff atm. Like carrots, sweet peppers, salad etc. I've just bought some well fit looking strawberries. Also rice cakes, veggie pate and the like. I'm not intentionally cutting down on bread but its happening.
Pretty much. No bread, no rice, no pasta, no spuds. At least when I'm eating alone or at work. Bread's now a treat or when I'm eating out with friends etc.

I keep the napkin handy at all times :thumbs: It's a bit annoying being a bearded one, though. Napkin + beard = only mostly clean face :hmm:

Pretty much. No bread, no rice, no pasta, no spuds. At least when I'm eating alone or at work. Bread's now a treat or when I'm eating out with friends etc.

I keep the napkin handy at all times :thumbs: It's a bit annoying being a bearded one, though. Napkin + beard = only mostly clean face :hmm:

Beard aka convenient leftovers receptacle in the style of Mr Twit :p

You tear the leaves to a size where it fits into your mouth. Should be obvious, really.

Also, when you have steak, don't serve the entire cow !

Back
Top Bottom