Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How do I change the temperature on this ruddy thermostat?

Because of this thread I've watched an Italian video about the editor's thermostat... Albeit the model with the helpful symbols on the dial.

Just looking at that first photo of the thermostat.
Does that front open? It just reminds me of a boiler setting thermostat I know that has a panel that opens to allow you see all settings and controls.
Is there any way that front piece opens right to left?

Just looking at that first photo of the thermostat.
Does that front open? It just reminds me of a boiler setting thermostat I know that has a panel that opens to allow you see all settings and controls.
Is there any way that front piece opens right to left?
The boiler is not in the flat, It is a communal boiler in the basement somewhere. The only accessible controls in the flat are the on/off switch and the useless, unsettable thermostat.

The boiler is not in the flat, It is a communal boiler in the basement somewhere. The only accessible controls in the flat are the on/off switch and the useless, unsettable thermostat.
Ah ok..got ya

The thermostat does look like it opens though...? Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part though.

I think hot water bottle if you have one would be a better option than a hair dryer and it will stay warm for a few hours once it is in bed with you. Just make sure you use a cover because you can burn yourself quite badly on an uncovered hot water bottle.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this and hope it gets fixed quickly.

I think hot water bottle if you have one would be a better option than a hair dryer and it will stay warm for a few hours once it is in bed with you. Just make sure you use a cover because you can burn yourself quite badly on an uncovered hot water bottle.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this and hope it gets fixed quickly.
I'm already on the TWIN hot water bottles but the hair dryer gives me enough warmth to get up.

Oh Ed you have my sympathies.
I know it's of no help at the moment but maybe in the summer (so it will be a more reasonable price) have a look at investing in a couple of oil filled radiators and/or fan heaters, just in case emergencies in the future.
Stay safe x

Update: I have heat! An engineer came over last night, unscrewed and overrode the gizmo that was presumably being controlled by the dodgy thermostat and as a temporary measure left everything on full blast. :)

So glad for you. :) It must have been bloody miserable with no heating just now.

Good stuff. I will echo the electric blanket suggestion. I have survived the last week with minimal use of the heating by just spending it in bed and they are great as an emergency heating back up. Plus it is nice to have a warm bed when you get home from a night out so buy an android/apple smart plug for it as well.

Back
Top Bottom