Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hornchurch vs Dulwich Hamlet, 7.45pm, Tues 26th Sept 2023

That second Hornchurch goal was pretty special.

Are they one of these teams who are subsidised by a wealthy owner? I gather they are paying transfer fees and chunky wages. Doesn't seem possibly financially otherwise based on attendances.

Anyhow... if we remove wider context of (understandable and fair) expectations losing 2-1 vs league leaders isn't too bad a result maybe? Admittedly grasping at straws and semblance of hope of improvement...
If Hornchurch hadn't taken their foot off the pedal we could have been royally thumped. It wasn't a million miles from the FA Cup debacle in terms of pride, passion and commitment (or rather the lack of).

I remember that 9-0 thrashing; our players knew they couldn't win and just surrendered. I said to the Hornchurch fan sitting next to me that I thought we were in for another.

Unfortnately our defence cant deal with intensity. Great finish for the 2nd goal but you can see from the highlights no tight marking , being on the wrong side. Pretty much all season. I would try Gyebi instead of Chambers. The latter is too slow and also prone to errors in my opinion.
No idea how you could ever work it out but I'd love to know how many goals at our level come from opposition errors rather than good football. It feels like it could easily be over 50%.

In that context, Chambers looks like he has at least a couple of big errors in him per game at the moment - whether that's long term or not we'll see, but he's a bit of a liability at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom