Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hold your nose and vote Labour?

Will you vote Labour?

• Yes

Votes: 70 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 148 67.9%

• Total voters
With deep reluctance probably, but only because I live in a Tory/Labour marginal.
Updating my status.

I really don't think I can do it. I can't vote for this Labour Party.

I think the Diane Abbott thing this week has cemented it for me. It's not that I'm uncrirical of her for many different reasons over the years, but I respect her journey. Her party has continued to throw her under the bus in the most cowardly and craven way. Labour now seems to be attempting to ride out a resurgent racism in the UK with one eye on the fucking opinion polls, so desperate are they to get to the finishing line.

And then what? What do they stand for?

I know they are a party that facilitates capital and that brings It's own painful compromises, we all know that. But this is far more sinister imo.

Shammer is a fucking coward.

Cock and balls it is. Sorry Dad. I know this would upset you if you were still with us. 😞

Updating my status.

I really don't think I can do it. I can't vote for this Labour Party.

I think the Diane Abbott thing this week has cemented it for me. It's not that I'm uncrirical of her for many different reasons over the years, but I respect her journey. Her party has continued to throw her under the bus in the most cowardly and craven way. Labour now seems to be attempting to ride out a resurgent racism in the UK with one eye on the fucking opinion polls, so desperate are they to get to the finishing line.

And then what? What do they stand for?

I know they are a party that facilitates capital and that brings It's own painful compromises, we all know that. But this is far more sinister imo.

Shammer is a fucking coward.

Cock and balls it is. Sorry Dad. I know this would upset you if you were still with us. 😞
Not "cock and balls", please! Show them that you have serious political objections by writing a slogan or two on the ballot paper. "Solidarity with Diane Abbott", for instance. "No to complicity with war crimes in Gaza" is another message that you may consider writing.

Not "cock and balls", please! Show them that you have serious political objections by writing a slogan or two on the ballot paper. "Solidarity with Diane Abbott", for instance. "No to complicity with war crimes in Gaza" is another message that you may consider writing.
Well yeah, I could write any old thing to vent, not that this would be tallied in any meaningful way.

I'm thinking "Neoliberalism is dying and taking us with it" might meet the case. Or "Wot no Natural Law yogic fliers?"

What, after her racist comments, e.g. comparing prejudice to jews as being similar to that directed at red heads?

Her downfall has been caused by herself, so sorry, but fuck solidarity with her.
How did Diane Abbott provoke the head of a company to make racist and sexist comments about her?

What, after her racist comments, e.g. comparing prejudice to jews as being similar to that directed at red heads?

Her downfall has been caused by herself, so sorry, but fuck solidarity with her.
I think reports of da's downfall are rather exaggerated. If she stands for hackney North and Stoke Newington at the next election I think she'll be elected certainly with an increased vote and probably an increased majority.

Canvassing while being baited by single-issue activists chasing social media kudos looks like a horrible job. Willingness to engage in ground wars might fall across all the parties, which is interesting as it’s the area where Labour has a massive advantage, but far greater reliance.

Canvassing while being baited by single-issue activists chasing social media kudos looks like a horrible job. Willingness to engage in ground wars might fall across all the parties, which is interesting as it’s the area where Labour has a massive advantage, but far greater reliance.
Of course, the best response if you ARE being baited is not to firmly clasp your mouth on the hook.

Of course, the best response if you ARE being baited is not to firmly clasp your mouth on the hook.

Sure, but not easy. Not even for professional politicians. Wouldn’t expect it of lightly trained volunteers who feel that they are doing the right thing. What I find interesting about Tory canvassers on my doorstep is how surprised and hurt they are to receive a torrent of abuse. I’d imagine it’s even more jarring for their Labour counterparts.

Sure, but not easy. Not even for professional politicians. Wouldn’t expect it of lightly trained volunteers who feel that they are doing the right thing. What I find interesting about Tory canvassers on my doorstep is how surprised and hurt they are to receive a torrent of abuse. I’d imagine it’s even more jarring for their Labour counterparts.
I’ve done door knocking for campaigns before. The one thing that I’ve always 100% anticipated is that the homeowner might not be pleased to see me. I always took the view that I was imposing myself on somebody’s personal space and should accept that fact with humility.

What we need is neoliberalism, but more, says Labour.

And in five or ten years' time the Tories will be reelected on a reform ticket of outright social repression, murderous border policies, hardcore economic "libertarianism" etc etc. But don't worry, our two-party system means we can't have a "far" right government.

Labour will in turn mirror these policies while mouthing vaguely that they're the only alternative, and "political realists" will continue to tell us that obsessing about the polls is the only viable route to change.

"If you don't vote you're abandoning vulnerable people" will be shouted boldly as the government signs off sales of the last public assets to fund an enlargement of privatised prison places for "public nuisance" protest prisoners. "Just think what the Tories would be doing if they were in power though," the Home Secretary opines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom