Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hold your nose and vote Labour?

Will you vote Labour?

• Yes

Votes: 70 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 148 67.9%

• Total voters
I’ve done door knocking for campaigns before. The one thing that I’ve always 100% anticipated is that the homeowner might not be pleased to see me. I always took the view that I was imposing myself on somebody’s personal space and should accept that fact with humility.
Likewise, anyone who has stood on a picket line or tried to talk to fellow workers about unions has to deal with awkward questions. Most do a lot better than those fools.

View attachment 416464

No further comment required.
When I was flying over to the UK last week I sat next to a chap who turned out to be an ex-Tory Councillor from Preston. His opinion was that neither the Tories or Labour had any ambition for the country whatsoever and that whilst they kept harking back to the past they would have been out of their depth in managing the economy and essential services in the past they keep referencing. Absolutely no ambition he kept saying and it's a phrase I kept repeating in the UK for my stay.

When I was flying over to the UK last week I sat next to a chap who turned out to be an ex-Tory Councillor from Preston. His opinion was that neither the Tories or Labour had any ambition for the country whatsoever and that whilst they kept harking back to the past they would have been out of their depth in managing the economy and essential services in the past they keep referencing. Absolutely no ambition he kept saying and it's a phrase I kept repeating in the UK for my stay.

What would “ambition for the country” look like? I can’t see how that goes further than a slogan. It’s certainly not a policy or a goal.

What would “ambition for the country” look like? I can’t see how that goes further than a slogan. It’s certainly not a policy or a goal.
I'll ask for an upgrade on passengers sitting next to me on Ryanair next time I use them. I suppose off the top of my head , mixing things we had and took for granted and things we might need, quite extravagant and frivolous issues like building more houses both public and private , regulation of rents, and mixing things we had and things we might need developing a skilled and rewarded workforce , expanding employment opportunities, an NHS that still had NHS dentistry, opticians, home visits by doctors, and regulation of utility industries so that we don't have shit in rivers and peoples gardens, an industrial and economic plan, perhaps even a green deal underpinning economic expansion?

Didn't you start a thread on what practical steps Starmer could take to move to a Republic?

I'll ask for an upgrade on passengers sitting next to me on Ryanair next time I use them. I suppose off the top of my head , mixing things we had and took for granted and things we might need, quite extravagant and frivolous issues like building more houses both public and private , regulation of rents, and mixing things we had and things we might need developing a skilled and rewarded workforce , expanding employment opportunities, an NHS that still had NHS dentistry, opticians, home visits by doctors, and regulation of utility industries so that we don't have shit in rivers and peoples gardens, an industrial and economic plan, perhaps even a green deal underpinning economic expansion?

Didn't you start a thread on what practical steps Starmer could take to move to a Republic?

Those all sound like good goals. I still choose to believe that Labour shares them but is still traumatised enough by 1992 to be terrified of anything that might lead to “tax bombshell” posters. I just don’t relate any of them to a nebulous concept like “ambition for the country”.

It’s always best to pay Ryanair the £5 extra not to be seated next to former Tory councillors.

Those all sound like good goals. I still choose to believe that Labour shares them but is still traumatised enough by 1992 to be terrified of anything that might lead to “tax bombshell” posters. I just don’t relate any of them to a nebulous concept like “ambition for the country”.

It’s always best to pay Ryanair the £5 extra not to be seated next to former Tory councillors.

I think it was Mulder in the X-Files who also wanted to believe. I would probably pay a fiver not to sit next to anyone and a £10 not to sit next to someone who believed in Labour tbh

doing bidenomics with no money is one line I've seen on this. So bullshit basically. Voodoo.

Reeves and Starmer genuinely seem to believe that the private sector will step in with the cash. And that, presumably, the last 45 years haven't actually happened.

Post 1945, New Deal America, Bidenomics, even Trump, in fact any reterritorial/domestic demand/rescure-recovery project I can think of starts from the premise of state intervention and spending. Bar this one...

Bullshit isn't a strong enough word to capture Reeves plan.

Supply-side includes removing the rights and protections afforded to workers. A great look for the party of labour.
Exactly, and just look at the context of the delivery of that 'lecture'. This is the pawn cocktail offensive on steroids.

e2a : prawn :D

Last edited:
Anyone still think that it’s going to help to vote for Thatcher II: This Time It’s Serious?

Back
Top Bottom