Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hit me with places to get cool t-shirts

Cloo

Approved by toads
I feel disatisfied with my t-shirts at the moment - I have some sensible stripey and plain t-shirts, I'd like some with interesting, maybe slightly retro prints and I'd like to get from a small designer/web shop if possible. I like the idea of things with retro brand logos and stuff like that - the trouble with Etsy these days is that for things like t-shirts it's just flooded with generic businesses that will sell 1000000 varieties a cheap, badly printed t-shirt, and I'm not really involved enough with tiktok or insta, where I understand a lot of the small designers have gone, to find anyone. So any good sites/London shop recommendations appreciated

I buy the marks and Spencer’s cotton jobs and lash a bit of Milton
Fluid on them/in the washing machine and hope for the best

Cheap t-shirts, last really well

I've been looking at Vinted a lot. They had a lot of old Illustrate stuff which I really like.

I think they lost their way a bit recently and their prices went up (likely due to supply issues) but I just had another scan and seems they have some good stuff in at a nice price again.

Also City Animalz is a local woman in Bristol. She doesn't have the prints I have got now but still has a few. Not sure it fits your brief but she is independent and I'll take the chance to plug her stuff.

Oh yeah. Illustrate are great. Nice guys as well, crossed paths with them at a couple of beer festivals.

I tried ordering new notepads recently and a phone case but their website wouldn’t put it through so was wondering if they were still fully going.

ssrco,classic_tee,flatlay,101010_01c5ca27c6,front,wide_portrait,750x1000.jpg

I got this from red bubble. Paid the extra for a high grade cotton and the print is really good quality. Get loads of comments about it, love it.

Oh yeah. Illustrate are great. Nice guys as well, crossed paths with them at a couple of beer festivals.

I tried ordering new notepads recently and a phone case but their website wouldn’t put it through so was wondering if they were still fully going.
Yeah they are good and nice quality as well. I've had quite a few of their things for years.

Kaft is another shop I've used before.

Secret store I didn't like their style change, or their price increase, but may fit the retro request.

I've still got my original key jumper from over ten years ago. Frayed at the edges but I love it.

Going to have a look on Vinted actually as they probably have a few of the older prints there.

You could try Qwertee, I got a load from them during lockdown, if you don't like fitted get the mens ones, I will never buy the ladies from them again, I sized up and still had to cut sleeves off, good Ts apart from that. Dunno if Primark is in your area but I got 2 powerpuff girls Ts today and a Goku(Dragonball Z) T today. There was loads of Marvel, Mickey mouse, Lilo & Stitch and other disney ones, Warner Bros ones too, between the girls/boys and ladies section.

Good for film and TV inspired shirts, nice quality too.

Redbubble is great for breadth of offer and also being able to choose different t-shirt shapes.

Sometimes has some good kawaii type designs if that's your bag.

Depressingly, whilst all those links have quality Ts, I'm a fat bastard and wont fit into any of them.

I buy the marks and Spencer’s cotton jobs and lash a bit of Milton
Fluid on them/in the washing machine and hope for the best

Cheap t-shirts, last really well

I second M&S for t-shirts. I get the autograph range which are a little more expensive but the quality is really nice.

The best t-shirt I've ever seen was one that had Hated by the Daily Mail printed on it (in the font used by the Mail) - bought it for OH many years ago from a popup Xmas shop called Satan's Grotto, I've never seen him so happy about a (not food) present

EDIT: Sorry, realised that is just me rambling and no useful info about where to get good t-shirts :oops:

how about

all cats are beautiful

unicorns against fascism

among others here.

(think the 'still hate thatcher' t-shirt modelled by one urbanite at a recent s london drinks may have come from them)

I have mostly given up buying from offical t-shirt sources. They cost loads and never fit quite right.
I now buy all mine from the T-Shirt studio. Kids size 14-16 fit me fine. I just convert an image or flyer I like into a one colour print, usually black or white (more than one colour layered prints often go wrong and I can't be arsed anymore).
£10 and I get the image I want in the size I know fits me.

Something like this . . .IMG_20230618_131034.jpg
Which was a flyer.

Last edited:
I don’t really understand why anyone over the age of 10 wants to wear clothes with writing on but I must admit I’m hardly the most fashionable of people

:D :hmm:

I'm the same. T-shirt from a gig I've enjoyed, fine (one of my favourite Ts is from a Specials tour). Random stuff, no. I tend towards plain t-shirts. Also there is a textural thing going on sometimes with printed on stuff that I am not keen on.

Back
Top Bottom