Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Headphones/mic for blocking background noise?

hitmouse

so defeated, thinks it's funny
Got this question from a friend and thought this seemed a reasonable place to ask:
"It's for an older mostly-deaf friend that I call, so I was thinking there must be an ear-bud set out there that has a mic on the wires that block background noise on my end, and magnify my voice back to the hard of hearing person, which hopefully make it easier for them to hear me. Be sure they're not wireless, and that they're for the person who can hear. I just wanna raise the voice levels and lower the noise on my end, so the hard of hearing person has a better chance of hearing what's said. Actually they would be earbuds a throat surgery survivor would need. Thanks."

Anyone got any good recommendations for a non-wireless headphone/mic set that blocks background noise and picks up voices well?

You might actually want the more old fashioned call centre type headset that would be used on computers. I’ve used and been buying jabra kit for myself and my work colleagues for years and never had anyone complain that they were rubbish, although they’ve generally always been the USB headsets rather than Bluetooth.

Although just looked on Amazon after typing above and even their Bluetooth stuff used a usb Bluetooth adapter so no good for phones and they ain’t cheap.

something along this form factor. Depends if you
Only ever call them from home as obviously you wouldn’t want to lug these around with you.

49A2CE48-D1FB-4A50-9162-D4F2F8C2BAF2.jpeg

I shall watch this with interest because I need a similar thing. Mrs D suggested posting here for info only yesterday.

I use the ones in the picture (HSC040W apparently).
Very good at blocking sound
you can mute them by pushing the mic up - which is handy
When you turn them on the voice tells you you have 14 hours battery available. They seem to last for a full day plus overtime quite happily - but good to leave them on the stand at night to charge for fear of them running out mid morning on day 2

Downside - occasionally you can knock the mic down a bit and then it makes it difficult for people to hear you - I think the mike is very focused - which is good if you're in a high noice environment

pretty comfortable

============
have now re-read the OP.
Sorry the above is everything you didn't want. But I'll leave it up since I went to the trouble of typing it and someone else might give a damn

Back
Top Bottom