Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

HBO - The Rehearsal. New show by Nathan Fielder

Part 2

bizarre wanking accident
I posted this in the HBO thread but it deserves a thread of it's own.

Canadian comedian Nathan Fielder set's out to help people overcome dilemmas in their lives by rehearsing their problems with actors in specially built sets. Beginning with a man who has inflated his educational achievements to his quiz team friends he then moves on to helping a woman who wants to explore what it might be like to raise a child.

An enormous amount of actors and extras are used along with huge sets to ensure the rehearsals are as realistic as possible.
i watched a lot of the time with my jaw dropped, there just isn't anything like it. Seen it described as a comedy, satire, documentary, self help, drama. It's funny, gets very meta and weird as hell. Fielder was behind the last Sacha Baron Cohen series about America but don't let that put you off. The lines between reality and fiction get very blurred and at times I thought it was like having therapy. By the end it was reminding me of The Truman Show.

6 episodes, easily watched in a day though I wanted to have some time in between to ask myself wtf I'd been watching.

It's on Now and Sky according to Google and there's plenty of streams in the usual places.

Back
Top Bottom