Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Harry Redknapp accused of being a fraudulent, tax-dodging scumbag

strung out

💩 🤣 🍆 💦 🧐 👻 🐝 🐈‍⬛
lol :D

i hope he's found guilty and sent down for a few years

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/12/tottenham-harry-redknapp-tax-trial

Harry Redknapp and Milan Mandaric face trial on 23 January next year relating to allegations of cheating the public revenue.

Redknapp denies any wrongdoing but would have good reason for his mind to be on other matters when Tottenham Hotspur take on the current Premier League leaders, Manchester City, at the Etihad Stadium the day before the proceedings begin.

The timing of the trial may interfere with his club's preparations for the Premier League matches against Wigan Athletic and Liverpool, and, should Spurs qualify, the fourth round of the FA Cup on 28 January.

Redknapp and Mandaric, the owner of Sheffield Wednesday, both face two counts of cheating the public revenue. Their alleged offences relate to tax payments due while the pair were respectively manager and chairman of Portsmouth.

The indictment laid down by prosecutors states: "Mandaric and Redknapp, between 1 April 2002 and 28 November 2007, with intent to defraud and to the prejudice of HM Revenue and Customs, arranged for $145,000, paid by Mandaric as a result of or in connection with Redknapp's employment and as a reward for services, to be transferred to a Monaco bank account opened by Redknapp for that purpose, in order to conceal the said emolument from HM Revenue and Customs and evade the payment of income tax and national insurance contributions thereon (whether by the operation of PAYE by the club or otherwise)."

As for count two, the indictment states: "Mandaric and Redknapp between 1 May 2004 and 28 November 2007, with intent to defraud and to the prejudice of HM Revenue and Customs, arranged for $150,000, paid by Mandaric as a result of or in connection with Redknapp's employment and as a reward for services, to be transferred to a Monaco bank account opened by Redknapp for that purpose, in order to conceal the said employment income from HM Revenue and Customs and evade the payment of income tax and national insurance contributions thereon (whether by the operation of PAYE by the club or otherwise)."

The pair will fight the charges in a trial scheduled to last two weeks.

well if he's guilty of the charges of course.

if he's innocent then i'm sure he'll be cleared :)

Why the fuck would you want him found guilty and sent to prison?

Cos he's a sneaky, face set on fire and put out with a shovel, bung taking, my missus could have scored that, didn't know whether to play him or fuck him, they have to arrest you to talk to you cunt who has left a trail of financial destruction at every club he has ever managed and it's about time the rent a quote twat got found out.

I'll have you know I've worn the same poppy since 1989.

Co-incidentally, that was the year Wet Sham had their highest ever league finish under, iirc, a fresh-faced manager with an unblemished record.

What are the possible sentences for each of them? And are there any employment / ownership of club consequences if they're found guilty?

Cos he's a sneaky, face set on fire and put out with a shovel, bung taking, my missus could have scored that, didn't know whether to play him or fuck him, they have to arrest you to talk to you cunt who has left a trail of financial destruction at every club he has ever managed and it's about time the rent a quote twat got found out.
now say what you really mean here....:D

Totally inappropriate for a man of this character to ever manage the national team.

Well inappropriate for the England job obviously, as he might actually do a decent job, and that would not be in keeping with the usual incumbents!

IIRC Harry was originally supposed to go to court in July of this year - why the delay?

A journo friend of mine said there are rumours alleging that Peter Storrie (who was at Pompey with Harry) is already doing time for his part in this affair...but that this apparently can't be reported yet because it might predjudice the forthcoming Redknapp/Mandaric case.

I too have heard rumours that there is more to this than can currently be reported. The absence of Storrie has also been noted.

I've heard that there was another case that couldn't be reported that affects Redknapp's. It was implied that this previous case was also about twitchy but that might be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom