Ha ha Qatar - 2022 World Cup Qualifying

planetgeli

There's no future in England's dreaming
Group C: Italy, Switzerland, Northern Ireland,Bulgaria, Lithuania
Group E: Belgium, Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus, Estonia
Group F: Denmark, Austria, Scotland, Israel, Faroe Islands, Moldova
Group I: England, Poland, Hungary, Albania, Andorra, San Marino

Poland again. Yawn.

May as well give Scotland a bye with that group.

Wales to struggle. Ditto N.Ireland.

Group A

Portugal, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan

Are Serbia any good? I know Ireland have been a bit shit recently but I have been told that is because we are trying to improve and change our style from the old hoof and hope.

Group C: Italy, Switzerland, Northern Ireland,Bulgaria, Lithuania
Group E: Belgium, Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus, Estonia
Group F: Denmark, Austria, Scotland, Israel, Faroe Islands, Moldova
Group I: England, Poland, Hungary, Albania, Andorra, San Marino

Wales to struggle.

Not sure why. Between them and the Czechs for runners-up and the Czechs are no great shakes these days. Belarus and Estonia are both garbage.

Wales should be looking to qualify.

Posted this here as I couldn't find a football Qatar thread

'Final of the world club championship in Qatar, awards ceremony. The FIFA president asks the women of the referee team not to annoy the sheikh and to avoid contact ...'

Last edited:
Utterly shameful that Qatar is was awarded the World Cup. I hope it gets cancelled. Why legitimise this homophobic backward shithole?

Sexual Orientation and Morality Laws

Qatar’s penal code criminalizes sodomy, punishing same-sex relations with imprisonment for one to three years. Individuals convicted of zina (sex outside of marriage) can be sentenced to prison. In addition to imprisonment, Muslims can be sentenced to flogging (if unmarried) or the death penalty (if married). Women are disproportionately impacted as pregnancy serves as evidence of extramarital sex and women who report rape can find themselves prosecuted for consensual sex instead.

I understand that its upsetting to read the terrible details of disgraceful regime policies, dodgy norms, 'values', inequalities and power hierarchies, but I dont think the use of language such as backward shithole to describe entire countries is a good idea.

I understand that its upsetting to read the terrible details of disgraceful regime policies, dodgy norms, 'values', inequalities and power hierarchies, but I dont think the use of language such as backward shithole to describe entire countries is a good idea.

it is without a shadow of a doubt a factual statement

they aren’t the worst perpetrators of human rights offences in the region but they really do deserve the opprobrium in whatever language used

More than 6,500 migrant workers from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have died in Qatar since it won the right to host the World Cup 10 years ago. Figures from other countries that provide a large proportion of their workforce such as Kenya or the Philippines aren’t included in that figure.

That's fine, but where to draw the line? America, China, Russia have all hosted major sporting events.
Do we boycott them, or go and help spread the word?

That's fine, but where to draw the line? America, China, Russia have all hosted major sporting events.
Do we boycott them, or go and help spread the word?

It's like picket lines. Whatever you think of the particular issue you just don't cross them. When swathes of right-thinking (which is to say left-thinking) people decide on a particular strategy then I don't think going against the flow is the correct thing to do.

I'm describing the regime. The elite. The people in power who enforce their backward, savage and inhumane laws.

More than 6,500 migrant workers from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have died in Qatar since it won the right to host the World Cup 10 years ago. Figures from other countries that provide a large proportion of their workforce such as Kenya or the Philippines aren’t included in that figure.

Indentured labour as well. Slavery.

Back
Top Bottom