Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Grimsby boy moves to the States.

Built on a flood plain, and below sea level. Very noisy neighbours, it's a large holiday park with outdoor entertainment area. To top it off you can't live there year round. Usually the build quality is OK but not up to the standards you'd expect.
Hope you get a pair of waterwings with each purchase.

I wouldn't want to live on a floodplain - the constant worry must be grim. :(

Aren't they basically static caravans?
Not the fitties. They're traditionally seaside shacks/huts which have been developed into bungalows. In the 1960s, when we first used to go, they were very ramshackle places. They've moved on a lot since then.

The caravans are on Haven and Beachcomber.

Aren't they basically static caravans?
The Fitties is an unusual and very charming feature of Cleethorpes. It's a ramshackle "village" of holiday shacks of various, individual styles.

They are very popular with the local population, many of whom, myself included, use them to effectively go on holiday in your own town.

I have many happy childhood memories of family holidays in various properties on The Fitties.

Many of us also started to learn to drive there as well as it's close to a real road situation but without any traffic.

Last edited:
The Fitties is an unusual and very charming feature of Cleethorpes. It's a ramshackle "village" of holiday shacks of various, individual styles.

They are very popular with the local population, many of whom, myself included, use them to effectively go on holiday in your own town.

I have many happy childhood memories of family holidays in various properties on The Fitties.

Many of us also started to learn to drive there as well as it's close to a real road situation but without any traffic.
Although I think many of them are awful, part of me would like one.

Today I'm going to look at a holiday caravan at Beachy, bit I might just look at Fitties too.

Source?
Mornay

Attached a pic of the crowd with the first Harry. He was redesigned in 2015-2016

1679174775606.jpg

It seems I'm wrong about the first being a cod. The fanzine, Codalmighty, says this: "It's great news for amateur marine biologists, who have long pointed out that the original design of Harry was more akin to a rainbow trout than a haddock."

No true Grimbarian would venerate the cod.
When we still had trawlers we never ate cod. That was for the garden or animals. It's a dirty fish with a lot of worms in it. Now I rather like a piece of fresh cod, never battered or coated because I want to be sure the worms are gone. I'm told that it is now less endangered than haddock.

I'm not a grimmy, I'm a Meggy, so it's, almost, allowed to eat cod.

too bad about that soccer game :(
that they lost to a team that has a seagull in their emblem is salt in the wound
The football game was history making, not just because it took 84 years to get here but because they took out 5 teams from tiers above them. For these reasons alone they have to be proud of themselves. A win would have been wonderful of course and at half time I hadn't ruled out the possibility but the extra ability and fitness of a team playing to go into Europe against a team which is 68 places lower down the pecking order it was inevitable I suppose.

Watching the GY fans at the end and how much support was given to the team was amazing. They lost the game but they won everything else.

(Soccer 😁 :facepalm: )

Back
Top Bottom