Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Grimsby boy moves to the States.

I've never been to grimsby

Think some posters come from there, such as dessiato
I was born in Cleethorpes which means I'm not really a Grimmy, I'm a Meggy, which is better of course. To be really pedantic though, I was brought up in Humberstone. Which is even better. Some might dispute this but that's because they're jealous.

As for your never having visited you're missing nothing, it's an awful place now.

Thank you for posting petee

Im really struggling with my head atm and my usual go to soothing programmes weren't cutting the mustard.
I've been watching his videos and finding them weirdly soothing :oops: :D

glad you're liking them!
for soothing, I go to haircut videos. this is a popular channel, no music, no narration, just natural sound.

I wasn't born there, but lived there for over 20 years and still work there, trying to make it better. As with any ruined Northern industrial town it's a shithole, but the people are good, just facing a lot of problems in a lot of cases.

The only thing I know is the film with Sacha Baron Cohen and I don’t believe it was a true reflection of life there

I wasn't born there, but lived there for over 20 years and still work there, trying to make it better. As with any ruined Northern industrial town it's a shithole, but the people are good, just facing a lot of problems in a lot of cases.
Sadly the people are not always good. I’ve been mugged there on three occasions and have suffered the most overt racism I’ve ever been subjected to anywhere. Immingham locally has a poor reputation, but in my experience, although it is a struggling area, it’s better than Grimsby and Cleethorpes.

glad you're liking them!
for soothing, I go to haircut videos. this is a popular channel, no music, no narration, just natural sound.

That's just torturous. I hate having my hair cut and I think the customer had better hair when he walked in.

His accent is a bit grating , a bit Alan Patridge 🤣
Almost like it's actually narrated by David Mitchell....
Not a "proper Grimsby accent", for sure.

I lived in Cleethorpes for my first 18 years, neither of my parents were born there so I got a "generic Northern" accent, which is probably tempered somewhat by living in London for the last 38 years,

I have been to Grimsby. A long time ago. I went because a university friend was from there. I was in a house and a pub and a chip shop. And a train station. All of those were fine and worked as you’d expect. I remember we had an enjoyable weekend, as you do when you’re 20.

I haven’t been back.

Back
Top Bottom