Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Greta is coming to Bristol ....

wiskey

Albatross Admirer
... and it's going to be utter chaos!

So far I've seen headlines on the Beeb, Evening Post and links all over FB about coaches bringing 1000 children for the march, the lack of stewards, the predicted traffic chaos, the fact that there won't be any toilets and all sorts of other negative things. The council has put out statements, the stewarding organisation has asked for help and worst bus are saying it's all going to go to shit.

However one local primary school is taking both it's y2 classes, our MAT have unofficially said that although kids who are off will be marked as absent nothing will be done about it and amongst my friends there's a bigger proportion saying they are going than I would have expected.

Anyway she's speaking at 11am followed by a shuffle round town and then she's off to see herself on the tobacco factory in the afternoon.

greta_1.jpg

Anyone from here going?

The anger she provokes is incredible. It would destroy the Bristol Post "Bloody Cyclists!" anger-ometer.

Was talking about it with my son today. His theory is it's basically people who've done fuck all with their lives venting their frustration at this uppity young woman. Which seems about right from the stuff I've read on Facebook etc.

Greta is an anagram for great, and, yeah she is that, and she has my respect and admiration. Most people go through life consuming unquestioningly and hating the wrong people, she's a breath of fresh air.

The sort of contempt and hatred she elicited from Trump just crystallises the sort of people who don't like her :p

Well, that's College Green fucked for the foreseeable future.

Attachments

• 0_WhatsApp-Image-2020-02-28-at-134958jpeg.jpg
    0_WhatsApp-Image-2020-02-28-at-134958jpeg.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 42
Well, that's College Green fucked for the foreseeable future.

Jesus christ get a fucking life you sound like some kind of BBC Facebook troll or Daily Mail comments moron. It's a patch of grass you nitwit, will have grown back by March. What else pissed you off.. the sight of someone drinking a Starbucks coffee there? Greta 'causes more pollution' where ever she goes'? Fuck off!

I didnt go cos of rain and things to do but good on those that did. Christ couldnt believe the amount of negative whinging and horrible shit being said about the girl personally - a real shame.

Greta Thunberg is Litmus paper for gammon.

Mention her name and see what shade of pink they turn.

Scale goes from 'eye-bulging puce' to 'vaguely condescending Sainsbury's processed ham pink'.

Greta is an anagram for great, and, yeah she is that, and she has my respect and admiration. Most people go through life consuming unquestioningly and hating the wrong people, she's a breath of fresh air.

The sort of contempt and hatred she elicited from Trump just crystallises the sort of people who don't like her :p

Oh yeah, there’s so much to learn from a 17yr old kid repeating our world is on fire.

Does the sort of blind adulation she elicits from her followers crystallise the sort of people who like her? :p

Good on the people that went, shame it didn't get even more publicity in the media, and good on Greta .. someone has to front up the protest and I think she is doing well. We could go with a British Greta though as she can't be everywhere at the same time.

Greta Thunberg is Litmus paper for gammon.

Mention her name and see what shade of pink they turn.

Scale goes from 'eye-bulging puce' to 'vaguely condescending Sainsbury's processed ham pink'.

Hurrah!

Despite me being a fat, balding, middle-aged white Englishman you have now proven that I'm not a Gammon.

I respect and admire her. I think she's one of the few people who genuinely "get" man-made climate change.

[changes U75 custom title to "Officially not a gammon" :) ]

Back
Top Bottom