Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Greece vs Nigeria

missed opportunity for nigeria really although if they beat south korea and greece fail against argentina they could still go through. slightly desperate though.

"hero to Zero" idiot commentator with stupid glasses! :mad: goal keeper has done really well...you fool! What can he do with the rest of our squad being lazy....:facepalm:

I loved Maradona even more after that :D Anyone who dislikes people like Pele and Platini sticking their oar in is alright by me.

Pele is a fuckwit. Only people keep asking for his opinion as if he's any more equipped to know than most other people in football.

Pele is no doubt merely answering questions that are put to him. Given that he's lauded as a god, which rarely improves a person, he comes across as ok to me.

All I can say is why is it a red card when a Nigerian player kicks out at a Greek player who has just gratuitously shoved him, and just a free kick when a Greek player kicks the back of the thigh of a Nigerian player running past him with the ball? Is it perhaps that the offence is judged primarily by the reaction of the victim and his team mates rather than on the offence itself? In which case everyone may as well go home, this world cup is between Portugal, Greece, Uruguay and Argentina, because nobody else is play acting enough to stand a chance.

What ticks me off most is that it happens year after year, amd more and more often. Because assaulting opponents and then feigning injury if they react gets results, and players know it. By and large the reaction from pundits and officials is "he shouldn't have reacted". Which is true as far as it goes, but doesn't alter the simple fact that the other player shouldn't be a cheating scumbag and therefore should be punished too.

Otherwise Nigeria were pretty useless anyway. Most of the team didn't even look match fit. I just don't like to see cheats prospering.

I'm not sure how many teams wouldn't have done that, tbh. Rooney wouldn't, but some other England players would. Most teams would. Neither of the Koreas, but most of the others. I agree, eric. I love players who just want to stay on their feet. But it isn't just the four teams you've mentioned that are liable to do this.

All I can say is why is it a red card when a Nigerian player kicks out at a Greek player who has just gratuitously shoved him, and just a free kick when a Greek player kicks the back of the thigh of a Nigerian player running past him with the ball? Is it perhaps that the offence is judged primarily by the reaction of the victim and his team mates rather than on the offence itself? In which case everyone may as well go home, this world cup is between Portugal, Greece, Uruguay and Argentina, because nobody else is play acting enough to stand a chance.

What ticks me off most is that it happens year after year, amd more and more often. Because assaulting opponents and then feigning injury if they react gets results, and players know it. By and large the reaction from pundits and officials is "he shouldn't have reacted". Which is true as far as it goes, but doesn't alter the simple fact that the other player shouldn't be a cheating scumbag and therefore should be punished too.

Otherwise Nigeria were pretty useless anyway. Most of the team didn't even look match fit. I just don't like to see cheats prospering.

^this - exactly what I think.
e2a: although I agree that there are members of most teams (including England) that have done and would do the same.

Back
Top Bottom