Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Greece vs Nigeria

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
It deserves a thread i suppose. Have to go out so radio only for me.

Shame Etuhu is playing for Nigeria as i usually like them but he's a knob.

They can't play for a draw now, someone has to win.
Think there will be more than 2 goals in this game?

Things are beginning to get a bit more interesting now. Greece lose today and they might as well pack their bags.

My dad arrived in Greece this morning; pity he hates football :D

If Greece do something this could be an interesting result, if not match, bu ton their last performance that's a mighty "if".

i don't really understand that when african nations are involved, you'd expect a better showing really.

Why do you think South Africans should be more likely support Nigeria because the Nigerians are African?

If the World Cup was held in London would you more likely to attend say Greece v Australia than Japan v Honduras "because Greece are European"?

Why do you think South Africans should be more likely support Nigeria because the Nigerians are African?

If the World Cup was held in London would you more likely to attend say Greece v Australia than Japan v Honduras "because Greece are European"?

i knew someone would reply along those lines.

in the same way that gyan said his pen for ghana v serbia was for the 'whole of africa' i thought there'd be some more/residual support for teams other than south africa, obviously not.

There's no love lost between South Africans and Nigerians, especially with the large numbers of Nigerians who have come to South Africa in recent years as immigrants.

in the same way that gyan said his pen for ghana v serbia was for the 'whole of africa' i thought there'd be some more/residual support for teams other than south africa, obviously not.

Yeah but if England hosted 2018 and somehow Wales and Scotland qualified, would you be arsed to go and laugh at them?

Wasnt it a Nigeria game where that crowd crush happened in the warm up games?

They seemed pretty popular then.

There's no love lost between South Africans and Nigerians, especially with the large numbers of Nigerians who have come to South Africa in recent years as immigrants.

Exactly, if anything I'd expect less attendence at this match than normal.

Would you expect england fans to be happy if Germany won and they were one of about five european teams in the whole thing, especially after england were doing poorly? extreme example, but "africa" isn't a monolithic bloc in the same way that europe isn't.

yes, i wasn't really aware of that. i also didn't know that apparently one in six africans is nigerian.

anyhoo...

blistering first ten minutes!

Would you expect england fans to be happy if Germany won and they were one of about five european teams in the whole thing, especially after england were doing poorly? extreme example, but "africa" isn't a monolithic bloc in the same way that europe isn't.

yeah, i'm not saying either's one big state, just surprised since this is the first world cup held on the continent some of the games featuring african teams haven't been that well attended, by their own fans or others.

Back
Top Bottom