Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Goth is Great

you don't know anything about anything, do you? :D

Presumably in your world Rachmaninov's Isle Of The Dead would end up filed in the goth section too, that's a bit "dark".

Muppet

count.jpg

So, how many people on this thread were once Goths? C'mon, get ya old photos out!
If you do, i will.

Wouldn't say I was a goth but lots of my mates were

I did crimp though and my fringe got in the way

facebook.jpg

I'd kinda lump this in as well

Not Goth. Electronic/rock.

Definitely Goth. Starblood is probably my fave Cranes track.

I'm a pretty big SoM fan up til Vision Thing, I especially like the 'Stop Hussey from using the name' album 'Gift', recorded under the name 'The Sisterhood' with it's hymn to the AK-47

I was a goth for 3 months in the lower sixth cos there was a super hot goth chick I wanted to date, whom I did, and who turned out to be 7 shades of crazy.

Why can there never be a thread celebrating a musical genre without people going on about what is and isn't goth/punk/indie/etc. It's fucking annoying, goth is whatever I fucking want it to be and if I want to call The Doors or even the fucking cheeky girls goth then I will .

Why can there never be a thread celebrating a musical genre without people going on about what is and isn't goth/punk/indie/etc.

Because if the thread is about 'goth' or 'punk' then that's what it's about. The labels mean a bit more than just certain musical characteristics, a scene if you will. If you just lump every dark sounding band togther as goth then the label becomes pointless.

I must confess, gsv and I actually rather enjoyed listening to 'Medieval Rock' radio on lastfm the other day - featured lots of mad eurogoths dressed as satyrs playing crazy stuff that mixed trance with tambours and pipes and shit. We agreed we'd love to see it live, but it looks like they most only play Scandinavia/Central Europe.

So does Marilyn Manson count as goth? I thought he did but he might only fit into 'people influenced by goth'.......

Not Goth. Electronic/rock.

Definitely Goth. Starblood is probably my fave Cranes track.

I'm a pretty big SoM fan up til Vision Thing, I especially like the 'Stop Hussey from using the name' album 'Gift', recorded under the name 'The Sisterhood' with it's hymn to the AK-47

I was a goth for 3 months in the lower sixth cos there was a super hot goth chick I wanted to date, whom I did, and who turned out to be 7 shades of crazy.

i love Starblood too

Because if the thread is about 'goth' or 'punk' then that's what it's about. The labels mean a bit more than just certain musical characteristics, a scene if you will. If you just lump every dark sounding band togther as goth then the label becomes pointless.

labels are pointless anyway , what makes them even more pointless is people who seem to dictate what the criteria for how something is labeled . There is massive variation in all musical genres ( except maybe modern RnB because that all sounds the same to me but I only hear the chart stuff in passing on the radio so I know nothing ) so to try and put everything in neat little boxes doesn't work .

labels are pointless anyway , what makes them even more pointless is people who seem to dictate what the criteria for how something is labeled .

I agree to a point (labels are usefull in a record shop (were usefull :)) or perhaps to describe the music policy of a night, radio program etc). But if you are going to have labels then the criteria needs to be specified, otherwise they're pointless.

Back
Top Bottom