Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Great horn sections.

The Charles Mingus horn section on Mingus Ah Um is pretty great, both as individual players and collectively.

The opening track has John Handy, alto sax; Booker Ervin, tenor sax; Shafi Hadi, alto sax; Jimmy Knepper, trombone.

heard something late last night on a reggae podcast that would have been ideal for this thread, but there wasn't a track listing

bugger

Fat Freddy’s Drop have an awesome brass section. The best I’ve seen live. The trombonist has such elan in a hip hop style. Always looks as baked as fuck but always brings the good despite appearances

Here's the best one nobody has heard of.

Big old line up

Henry Muth- bagpipes, chorus; Brian Cram, James Duncan- trumpets; Nick Clayton, Chris Richardson, William Carn- trombone; Bram Creighton- bass trombone; Colin Couch- tuba; Laurie Deratney- flute; Jason Baird- flute, alto sax; Trevor Hogg- tenor sax; Paul Aucoin- vibraphone; Jason Clarke- guitar; Daniel Salvendy- organ; Blake Howard- drums; Jesse Baird- timpani, percussion; Soroya Campbell- soprano solo; Mark Rainey- tenor solo; Estaban Cambre, Brian McMillan, Ian Speck, Matthew Leigh- chorus.

Some quality tunes on this thread guys. Absolute gold.

On the Sean Kuti vid, I'm always drawn into the chemistry between the centre percussionist and the guitarist. I often wonder what is going on in their heads.

Orang Utan I can't seem to tag you but fat Freddy's are playing the apollo 6th July. Definitely not a show to be missed. I'm off to the Birmingham gig

I'd love to pollute the thread with all the horn action going on in Cate Le Bon's songs but I'll stick to my favourite

Back
Top Bottom