Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

good football photos

316512_207905635945964_2038669789_n.jpg

who put the ball in the mackems net?

Barrow_AFC__1990_FA_Trophy_Winners_.jpg

Barrow AFC's best team since they left the Football League in 1972. The late Ray Wilkie holds the FA Trophy aloft in 1990, with Barrow having beaten Leek Town 3-0. Wilkie guided this group of players to a top ten finish in Conference national, too. Wilkie sadly died young in the mid 90s and there is a street named after him on one of the sides to Barrow's Holker Street ground.

soccer-endsleigh-league-division-three-play-offs-mansfield-town-v-chesterfield.jpg

One of the bitterest derbies outside of the top two divisions in England- Mansfield Town against Chesterfield. Local cross-county border rivalry intensified by Mansfield being perceived as a "scab" capital during the miners strike.

This game is from the Division Three play off final in 1994. Mansfield were slight favourites, but were destroyed by Chesterfield at Saltergate in the second leg.Chesterfield went on to clinch promotion at Wembley and have always held the upper hand in this derby, resuming this season after Mansfield's spell in the conference.

varvspel13.jpg

Macedonia's "El Classico"- Vardar Skopje against Pelister Bitola (green) at the Filip II stadium in Skopje. Vardar have dominated a poor and suspiciously corrupt Macedonian league, to the extent of going bankrupt, and re-emerging immediately having franchised a smaller club from another city.

Bitola is Macedonia's second city and a lovely place, although the Pelister ultras have an unfortunate penchant for neo-Nazi regalia.

"The laughing gas, which is decanted into balloons and costs £1.50 a hit, has effects likened to those of crack cocaine or heroin."

When Clough died, Forest fans paid tribute by dressing in green jumpers. There was a brilliant bit of news footage where an entire away end went mental in their Clough uniforms when they scored. I cant find a clip on Youtube or a photo anywhere. Any Forest fans on here got anything? I'm a Liverpool fan but I'd love to see that again.

1856741_w2.jpg

Bosnian talisman Edin Džeko powers home a header in Bosnia's opening World Cup qualifying win in Liechtenstein last summer.

BiH swatted the shocking Alpine cloggers 8-1, and now only the return match in Zenica and an away trip to Lithuania stands between my adopted country and a first ever appearance in a World Cup finals next year.

With reference to an earlier pic, Chris Balderstone had a long cricket playing career for Leicestershire not Gloucestershire.

I've always been so mesmorised by Beardsley's unit in that photo that I never noticed that Gullit was grabbing his shorts causing the infamous wardrobe malfunction.

Ruud Pullit?

Nice pun, but I think you'll find that it was Frank Rijkaard who was doing the short pulling...

77058945-england-beats-holland-0-1-during-the-european-gettyimages.jpg

peter-beardsley-balls_121578016.jpg

rijkaard_and_voller_90.jpg

Last edited:
The English equivalent of Gayfield, Gay Meadow which is sorely missed and is pictured here with a serious flood and a Rainbow.

1234937_10151667715913424_2050259318_n.jpg

Bring next to the River Severn the club famously had a man in a boat who would go and retrieve the pull if it went in the river.

Fredcoracle.gif

Back
Top Bottom