Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

good football photos

Cowdenbeath take on Dunfermline in the traditional West Fife derby at a packed Central Park in Cowdenbeath in July 2016, in an early season diddy cup game.

It may well be the last competitive derby between the sides. Cowdenbeath are in an ever-tightening tailspin at the foot of Scottish League Two, belching smoke and flames, and there's no sign of a parachute. Relegation via the play offs against the winners of a tie between the Highland and Lowland League champions, at the end of this season, looks very likely.

The "Pars" are now on the outskirts of the Scottish Championship play offs but unlikely to go up this season.

Yes. It's actually the stock car owners who are slowly killing the club. The stock car business now owns Central Park and Cowdenbeath pay rent, and are barely tolerated there. Stock cars were a lifeline financially to the club when introduced by the previous chairman but I'm afraid the relationship has long since inverted, sourly.
It's the lack of a viable alternative ground and deep local apathy towards the Blue Brazil that will sink them in the next few years, most likely. Cowdenbeath has changed out of all reognition since mining went after the Miners' Strike (Mick McGahey had more than a few open air speeches at Central Park during the strike). It's now basically a commuter town for Edinburgh.

Google:mad:
20181007_192926.thumb.jpg.9a4809f457089102c9bbbcf641dae1c7.jpg

Last edited:
BT sport replaying some good editions of the big match. Excellent Chelsea v Wolves from 1976 the other day (although it is on YouTube too ).

Henry Kissinger in the crowd, but he couldn’t stop the fighting.

Yes I'm recording those, great stuff.
The pitch at Stamford Bridge was dreadful that day. Half of it remained frozen under the shelter of the newly acquired main stand and the other half got defrosted in the winter sun.
Amazing game given the conditions. I'd like to see the likes of Neymar try and slog it out for 90 minutes on there.

Yes I'm recording those, great stuff.
The pitch at Stamford Bridge was dreadful that day. Half of it remained frozen under the shelter of the newly acquired main stand and the other half got defrosted in the winter sun.
Amazing game given the conditions. I'd like to see the likes of Neymar try and slog it out for 90 minutes on there.
"Kissinger more interested in the fight that's going on..." :D

I searched Winchester City v Dulwich Hamlet. This is the only photo that came up that isn't you lot celebrating after scoring against us.:(:facepalm::thumbs:

winchester-1-hamlet-1-13.jpg

The great man in a great photo, in a great shirt..........

images
Brilliant book. I personally know one of the guys who contributed to that book, and he says he was a bloody nutter, no one else would give him lifts to games cos they wouldn't let him in their car!

Brilliant book. I personally know one of the guys who contributed to that book, and he says he was a bloody nutter, no one else would give him lifts to games cos they wouldn't let him in their car!
He shat in Mark Lawrenson's kit bag once.

DC231E82-4938-419A-B36F-11D670E55AC4.jpeg An Airbus “Beluga” cargo plane lands during a home match for Airbus UK in the Cymru Alliance.

I have a soft spot for Airbus . The “Wingmakers” are back in the Welsh Premier this season after a record-breaking double last term. A very friendly wee club and a good set-up.

Last edited:
View attachment 178231 An Airbus “Beluga” cargo plane lands during a home match for Airbus UK in the Cymru Alliance.

I have a soft spot for Airbus . The “Wingmakers” are back in the Welsh Premier this season after a record-breaking double last term. A very friendly wee club and a good set-up.

Out of curiosity, what happens to Airbus UK football team, if Airbus pull out of the UK?

Airbus are sponsors rather than owners, so I am sure the club will survive with another name. They've had several since starting in 1946 as De Haviland FC (if memory serves).

The clubs' actual owners are the social club at the ground (Broughton Wings Sports and Social Club). I guess they'd just become Broughton Wings or some such.

Airbus are sponsors rather than owners, so I am sure the club will survive with another name. They've had several since starting in 1946 as De Haviland FC (if memory serves).

The clubs' actual owners are the social club at the ground (Broughton Wings Sports and Social Club). I guess they'd just become Broughton Wings or some such.
There was talk a few years ago about renaming them Broughton & Saltney or something, as you say they're not a works team any more they just use the name

Halifax captain Dave Evans leads his team out at The Shay in 1990/91. Under Jim McCalliog Halifax had their usual bottom-four finish. Striker Steve Norris was a phenomenon that season though-he finished up with 35 goals, second top scorer in England.

Halifax Town went bust in 2008 but their successor club is back in Tier 5.

A92BA5C3-8B61-4965-9444-FE30D9B12EDB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom